Hiding rounds in you stock

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by joebob88, Jan 22, 2008.

1. joebob88

joebob88 Guest

I took a drill and added 6 more rounds to my marlin, in the stock. When I took the stock cover of my H&R 20 guage single shot that there was room for 3 more rounds of ammo. Just put padding in between the first round and screw that mounts the stock. Turn the rounds back to back and add ear protection foam to keep the shells from ech other.

2. joebob88

joebob88 Guest

One shot, one kill ,I hope it don't come to that but I WLL defend my coumtry.

3. That's an intersting idea. With the synthetic stock on the shotty, there's no room to add rounds. I'm not ready to drill the stock on my marlin yet, but nice idea, tho.

4. joebob88

joebob88 Guest

It's only 6 rounds with a 22 and if I miss with 4 rounds of 20 guage I need to be shot

5. joebob88

joebob88 Guest

I'm a country boy who considers every shot a hit. Some fellows up north should think the same way. Not to give a hard time, This is serious. I'm talking about kentucky windage as well as a 2 foot shot. How do you adjust.

6. pills

pills Guest

h&r sells a survivor stock that is designed to store rounds.

7. neothespian

neothespian Member

Well, I'm not "From the North"...sort of....But as a "City Boy", to me every shot is a potential liability. While every shot does count, it's the ones that miss that seem to cause the most problems.

In any situation, your target is only the second priority. The first are the things that you do NOT want to shoot.

As far as storing extra rounds, I'd be more concerned about the movement and abuse depending on the type of weapon and load. With a longarm, That stock better be of decent quality or have some good insulation/sealing. Otherwise, this could be a weird experience.

8. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

I AM from the North and I was taught to hunt with a single shot shotgun and only 2 shells that's all I took when io went deerhunting and for the 5 years I hunted i always brought home my deer. Even some of us country yankees are taught how to hunt it aint just a Southern thing :wink:

9. joebob88

joebob88 Guest

No offence to the ones from the north.

I should have worded that better. During basic training I found out that 70 to 80 % of the guys around me had never shot a weapon. Most of them from the north.

10. SHOOTER Z

NAW! Don't sweat the small stuff. I could have really yanked your chain :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. Kagern

Kagern Guest

Frippin Yankees. Oh wait, I live in Minnesota now...

12. I dont mind Yakess at all provided they live north of the Mason Dixon line. Those who came to the South and forgot their way home... like our buddy shooterz are the one's who talk funny... :)

j/k with ya shooter!

13. SHOOTER Z

Darn Rebel :wink:

14. neothespian

neothespian Member

Bah!!! Just a whole BUNCH of rebels. Nice enough people but can be sooooo uncivilized sometimes.

*Turns the Manchester United match back on and pulls another Newcastle out of the crisper*

p.s.
    j/k :p

15. joebob88

joebob88 Guest

comment

I'm sure someone will correct me on this but during WW2. The Japanese said that if they invaded the US they would find a weapon pointed at them from every blade of grass. I still think that is the way anyone that tried to invade us would feel. Just think if we could have auto weapons.

16. neothespian

neothespian Member

Re: comment

You are correct, but it was only one Japanese Admiral, Yamamoto, who said that famous quote. Educated in the UK and the US, he was a proponent of Imperial Japan, but rarely agreed with the high command on the method of execution of the war. He felt the US made a better ally and sought a diplomatic solution to dealing with the Americans, considering he knew the full scope of their resources and the industrial potential they held. Although every British and French territory was considered prime targets in his strategies, he always saw the attack of the US as a sideways step in securing Japanese interests in the Pacific.

Now that I've TOTALY hijacked this thread, I'll stop now :p

17. well since the most decorrated soilders from WW I and WW II were both country boys and knew how to shoot before they got in the service, it would seem that country boys are brought up to hunt. but remember that we have fewer and fewer country boys now. Not many left on the farm anymore. but at least a few of us old country boys try to teach the next generation how to use a gun properly. my kids can use a gun. they like to shoot and they know the proper way to handle a gun. they know any gun is loaded until they check it for themselves. they can hit what they shoot at, and they know what they are shooting at before they pull the trigger. they know what is behind what they are shooting at and dont take a bad shot. I am proud of them, and cant wait to start teaching my granddaughter to shoot, she is 3 now. I may not live in the countrybut I still try to act like it. We have taught more than a few of my kids friends to shoot, and now they are teaching their kids to shoot too.

18. big Jim T,

Passing down skills from one generation to the next is something you dont see much of these days, and its not just limited to the sport of shooting. I do my best to pass along things I learned to my children, that way they can pass it along to theirs in the future.

19. joebob88

joebob88 Guest

I have passed it on as well. I feel that everyone that owns a weapon to teach our youth how to use a weapon with the safeguards that were taught to us. I didn't mean to offend anyone. Not to make it racial but me and 4 of my friends would go out every night and kill rabbits, raccoons, possum, squirrel and the fish we caught. One bullet was worth 2 dollars to me. We had several black men who would buy everything we brought them. When the time comes we will be in that same boat. It's not about black or white, It's about surviving.