High-Capacity Magazines

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by brjedi26, Dec 2, 2007.

1. I tried using the search function and couldn't find an answer. So, please, don't crucify me if this has been answered before.

Are there high-capacity magazines available for the Hi-Point guns? Specifically I'm interested in the 4095/JHP .40 (since that's what I have).

2. pills

pills Guest

Not any aftermarket for the 40. There are the pro mags for the 9mm but they stink.

3. urotu

urotu Member

What ever happened with the rumor of Tapco producing hi-cap mags? I remember reading it on the old forum and haven't heard hide nor hare ever since.

4. pills

pills Guest

rumors come and go. Seems like not that long ago 2007 was supposed to be the year for the 4595.

I would love a higher cap mag for the 40 platform. IIRC the 40 and the 45 share the same mag so it would open up the door for both.

5. The hi cap mags are for the 995 carbine, and they blow. I have 2 of them and I would have been better off if I had taken the money and threw it out the window.

6. urotu

urotu Member

That's kind of what I thought man, oh well, maybe someday.

7. Latest I heard was that Beemiller was no going to release the 4595 until they got ALL the kinks worked out at the factory instead of letting the end user send em back, complain and gun rag writers put out bad reviews in printed media. So... when you see the 4595 hit dealers shelves you will know its ready to go and in final version instead of some Beta test bed. :)

rimfirehunter

8. Alright then. Well, that sucks.

Since that idea fizzled out, perhaps you can tell me a good place to buy magazines online. I checked out cheaperthandirt, but they're out of stock on the .40 mags.

9. +1 on what 8andsand said.

Buy your mags direct from the factory and you wont get riped on markup or shipping, and they will ALWAYS be in stock.

10. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    Thought I'd toss this in, since it got my attention. I recently got the winter catalog from Natchez Shooters Supply, on page 88 about 1/3 down the page is a 30 rd poly mag for the 995 made by Pro-Mag. I couldn't find the same mag on Pro-Mags site, and I haven't been able to find a picture, but I'm guessing this might be like their 1911 drum mag... if this 995 mag actually exists.
    Please don't stone me for possibly raising false hopes, but it really is in the print catalog. The only place it is on the Natchez site is in the sale flyer PDF on the right hand side.
    [​IMG]

Sorry if I hijacked, but it was titled around hi- cap mags.

11. I've seen the same thing Huggy, BUT as someone has posted on here before in which I took their advice..."stay away for pro mag/s".

12. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    I agree sambo, but some guys are bent on high cap no matter what. That's the only reason I posted it, I wouldn't waste my money.
    There are a few fixes, but I don't think I'm ready to spend almost $40 for something I have to fix.

13. I know 15 rounders are crap, but are 10 round ProMags just as bad?

14. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

More then likely. But why aftermarkets when Hi Points are just as if no less expensive?

15. griff30

griff30 Member

If high capacity is what you want why not open the bottom of a HP mag and weld a Soumi 70 round drum to it? http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MAG686-47443-1336.html $30 and about 2 hours work and you in high capacity nervana. Uzi owners do this and there were some tutorials online to adapt the drum to a stick. http://www.notpurfect.com/main/669.html This guy did it with a S&W 9mm.
    Hell I have a couple Soumis.(with way tooo many extra mags in storage.) They are known for durability and depenability. So that is not a question the question is if you or someone you know has the mad skills.
    Then again, those 72 rounds can take forever to shoot in semiauto. Also you would be gutting a perfectly good mag to do this in hope you don't screw it up.
    Hillary WILL hate you and your nasty black gun. At more than 7 times the capacity, this would turn the 995 from a self defence gun into a SEIGE weapon.

16. It seems like I have heard of others trying this, and it turned out that as far as a Hi Point, it wasnt as easy as it sounds.

I would love to hear of someone getting one fixed and working

17. The last I remember reading on the old board the soumi never really fed properly. If you could get it to work you would be a god among 995 owners everywhere.

18. If working properly, I would buy one in a heartbeat

19. griff30

griff30 Member

I don't have a 995 as of yet, just got a Kel-Tec PLR16 and met my yearly gun quota. BUT after christmas I will have one and will try to do a conversion with one of my Soumi. But if you have not the patience, the drums are online and I have seen them as cheap as $20 recently but typically $30. However $30 for 72 rounds is insanely cheap. That's 70 to 72 rounds for the price of 2 HP mags? Hmmm