High-Point 4095ts vs Remington 40 S&W ammo!

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Javastine, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Javastine

Javastine Member

So, got my High-Point not to long ago. Had 350 rounds of Remington UMC (180gr), 100 rounds of PPU JHP (180gr), and then picked up another 250 rounds of some cheap FMJ (165gr) to play around with while zeroing the gun in.

All 250 rounds of the cheap stuff were ate by the carbine no problem. Got it zeroed in early on and had a blast. Gave the gun a thorough clean then the next day went out to shoot again. Blasted through 50 rounds of the PPU without an issue. Then it was time for the Remington. Every round I used jammed. All shells showing the same mark at the same spot. Switched back to the PPU and fired the last 50 rounds without an issue again. Seems it's just the Remington giving me an issue. Anyone else see this happen?

2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Nope. Mine eats everything. Sometimes these carbines have an appetite all of their own.

3. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :welcome:Javastine!!!

Never had a problem with any of my current HPs,
    sounds like the Remi is a bit out of spec, do you have any calipers
    to check the size? Got Pix of the marked up cartridges or brass?
    That's a good start, someone will have an idea, I bet. We have several
    gunsmiths and armorers in residence here. Some very good ones!

4. Javastine

Javastine Member

Unfortunately, I do not own any calipers. I did take a picture of one of the rounds, though. It's from my phone, so it's not great.. Should know, that if I hand loaded the round, it would fire fine. So it only seems to be a feed issue.

[​IMG]

Edit: Adding the URL, since it seems the image didn't load.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B53jq7Ve60sta0l4TmVCSVo0UGlxTmd1dFY0RTRIUGJ0LW9N/view?usp=sharing

5. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

There was a member that made a Ytube video for MKS(?) He had problems with the UMC in the yellow box from Walmart. Claimed it was the flat nose. I've never seen anything else in .40S&W, it's all flat nosed. :p Some of the UMC has what looks like a nipple on the tip.

6. TNTRAILERTRASH

I can't find that video. Anyone hep us out?

7. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Hep requires shots ask shade he's plays DR

8. PrAKtikalRN

PrAKtikalRN Member

I use mostly Winchester 165 gr through my 4095, but I will tend to use whatever I can get my hands on, to include some Tulla. The only time I ever had any hiccups is when the firing pin bent, and once I diagnosed that, I called HiPoint's customer service and they sent me a new one with replacement springs. I now give it a G.I. cleaning after every trip to my range (yes, I own the range) and inspect the parts. It's kind of tricky to perform the first few times, but after a few disassemblies and reassemblies, I am sure I got it down by now. I would say just stay away from the ammo it doesn't like.

9. TNTRAILERTRASH

Welcome to the site PrAKtikalRN! hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............AK??? :D

10. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Moonz is back and better than ever!! :D

11. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :welcome:prAKtikalrn!!!
    Got a link for your range? :rofl:

12. midias