HIGH POINT 45

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by bowhunter, May 2, 2008.

1. bowhunter

bowhunter Guest

I JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST HIGHPOINT,IT'S A 45 AND I WAS CONFUSED ABOUT THESE GUNS,EVERYONE SAYS THEY'RE JUNK BUT YOU CAN'T FIND THEM HARDLY ANYWHERE.THERE ARE PLENTY OF STORES THAT CARRY THEM BUT THE PRICE VARIES ANYWHERE FROM 20 $ TO 40$ DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU GET IT.MINE WAS 155.00,WITH TAX AND A CARRYING CASE IT CAME TO 177.00.FOR THEM TO BE PIECES OF JUNK THEY ARE HOT SELLERS
    I PUT A HOGUE HANDBALL GRIP ON IT AND LOADED THE MAGAZINE TO BREAK IT IN.IT SEEMS TO BE A NICE FIREARM.WHEN I TAKE IT OUT I'LL GIVE A REPORT.I LIKE IT SO MUCH WITHOUT EVEN FIRING IT I MAY NEED TO GET ANOTHER ONE.

2. Welcome to the forum bowhunter, congrats on your purchase!

Just curious, any reason for all caps? That is considered yelling on the internet, and although it doesnt bother me, there are people that consider it rude and will fuss about it.

Just thought I would mention that.

Again congrats on the purchase, and please let us know how your first shoot goes.

Remember, its a blowback pistol, keep a stiff wrist and dont limpwrist, and if it has a few jams dont be surprised, some of them need to be broke in for best performance. ;)

3. venemous

venemous Guest

I'm gonna fuss about the caps...but mostly because my dealer just sold my C9 on me(now that I FINALLY got the $$)...tells me it's going to be 2-4 weeks before he gets another in stock...grrrr...I DON'T want to break down and buy that RIA 1911 clone I keep eyeing...

Congrats on your purchase!

4. MrBrooks908

MrBrooks908 Guest

welcome to the club :D

5. JMcDonald

JMcDonald Member

I cant wait to get my own HP pistol.

As far as the caps, you don't really have the "tone" to suggest you'd be yelling, but caps do make it difficult to read.

6. Ari

Ari Guest

Welcome to the forum

7. p7196

p7196 Guest

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the purchase. I think you will love it. I like them so well that I buy just about every one I can get my hands on.

8. That darned caps lock anyway.

9. Welcome to the best darn forum you are ever going to find.

10. Welcome to the forum. The .45 is a great gun! You'll love it.

11. Thorn 242

Thorn 242 Well-Known Member

+++1 to that Rob

12. MrBrooks908

MrBrooks908 Guest

Welcome to the forum, i should be getting one soon. i own two high as of right now.

13. It's great to have another excited member ready to throw some lead. You will love the Hi-Point, the .45 is awsome!! Hi-points have a tendency to start addictions and strike passion even in the most souless stumps of humanity. I normally have the next two guns in mind faster than the clerk can swipe the debt card for the one I came to get!!!

14. +1 8)

15. I normally have the next two guns in mind faster than the clerk can swipe the debt card for the one I came to get!!![/quote] +100,000,000

16. Deltaboy

Deltaboy Guest

Enjoy your 45 I do mine!

17. welcome to the forum and congrats on your choice of sidearm!