Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Whatever color finger nail polish you prefer. Why buy new(expensive) sights when you could easily just fix them yourself.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I did the white out on my c9 and jcp but found a glow paint kit for $27. Thing of it is there is enough paint and different colors to do 100 guns. Local gun shop will do for $10 front and rear each.

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
I too, like the others, found the red rear sights to hard to see in subdued lighting. I found some day glow (not really flouescent) paint at WalMart (or a hobby shop if Wally World not available) and used a toothpick to dab a little 'green' on the rear sights. Liked the yellow on the front sight (C-9) as it makes picking up (aligning) the three sights much easier for me - and gives a contrast between front and rear sights. Had painted an orange ring on the front sight of my 995 for quicker target acquisition, but that was made obsolete when I added a Sightmark Red Dot. Shooting both is so much more fun now that I can see and hit the target!

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I used some glow in the dark nail polish the girlfriend had sitting around. Not the greatest fix ever but it gets the job done and if/when it goes bad, a quick rub with acetone and a reapplication will fix it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ok so the white out was not a good idea it comes off easy, so i took some whit paint and used a q tip to apply it. that did the trick but it takes some time and a steady hand. DEFF WORTH DOING!!!

·
Registered
938 Posts
I just scratched the paint out, went to tractor supply and bought a syringe and put orange glow paint in it and filled them in myself.
heck of an idea

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.