Highland Games In NC- Cool Video

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by patriot2980, Jan 9, 2008.

1. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

AH pity the man who hears the pipes an not born a Scotland. [in his best scot brouge] :wink:

2. I love bagpipes. Such a great sound.

I've got mostly sottish and brit ancestry.

I haven't been up on grandfather mtn. in a while, but its just a few minutes from me.

A couple of years ago a traditional sottish band was going to play a concert at ASU. That day they set up in the student union and played a few songs. I enjoyed it so much I got a copy of their album. Unfortunately the mixing wasn't great, it lost a ton of the force and power that is in the music. I swear even with them indoors you could hear them halfway across campus!

3. - A box, - said a trailing voice, - of cherry liqueurs, and also, and
    I know you'll like this, a gramophone record of Scottish bagpipe music...

(Bagpipes--that's like when you cradle a cat in your arms and chew on its tail to some rhythm right?)

--in memory of Douglas Adams

4. Ah Douglas Adams. Great writer. I love the Hitchhikers books.
    How do you fly? Well, you just throw yourself at the ground and miss.

But seriously, how can anyone dislike the bagpipes?

5. Actually, I like bagpipes but really enjoy the way Adams made fun of them. He was a great writer and it was a joy to be able to sit down and relax with his books.

He was, after all, just this guy.

And he is missed.

--Just keep banging the rocks together.

6. god I love douglas adams. I've been keeping my eye out at thrif book shops for the complete book but haven't found it yet. I did pick up a couple of hardbacks of the books the other day.

I have yet to manage to throw myself at the ground and miss. I will keep trying though.