Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and myself have tried to shoot our handgun and failed. He has had this gun for years and never had a problem until now. now wehen we pull the trigger nothing happens.... whats going on? how do we fix this?

·
Premium Member
36,049 Posts
We will need more information, and maybe pictures.
Try taking it apart and checking that the trigger linkages are right, and that the firing pin is set up right.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
If you attempted to clean and did a total disassemble, you didn't put something back correctly.

It's possible that the metal trigger bars slipped out of place. You need to remove the right grip to check/correct.

Is the trigger even able to pull, but won't reset, or is it locked in forward(ready to fire) position and won't pull?

If in doubt about any of these things and don't know how to work on these pistols, then call MOM for what to do to send back in, for FREE REPAIR.

·
Super Moderator
28,585 Posts
My husband and myself have tried to shoot our handgun and failed. He has had this gun for years and never had a problem until now. now wehen we pull the trigger nothing happens.... whats going on? how do we fix this?
Ajole and Delbert are right. Could you please give a detailed account of what the symptoms are? Was anything done to it between when it last worked and now. Pics might be helpful but only if it's pics of the right parts and we don't really know what that is yet. I mean, it could be anything from "the sear is broken," to "the firing pin spring is kinked," to "the firing pin channel is obstructed," to who knows what. Heck, just for humor, with what you've written so far, one could even ask, "is there ammo in the gun?" ;)

Seriously, we want to help. Just flesh out your description some more, please.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts