Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a total beat down 995 carbine with trigger problems and signs of rust and filth. Not sure if the seller ever cleaned this little carbine. Mailed it to Hipoint about 10 days ago for some work, and received Fed Ex tracking info today.

Purple Font Screenshot Magenta Circle

What should I really expect? I am happy for the quick turn around, but do not know what to expect because I have NEVER had to send ANY of my firearms in for warranty work (Glock has spoiled me).

·
Administrator
24,793 Posts
I bought a total beat down 995 carbine with trigger problems and signs of rust and filth. Not sure if the seller ever cleaned this little carbine. Mailed it to Hipoint about 10 days ago for some work, and received Fed Ex tracking info today.

View attachment 68033

What should I really expect? I am happy for the quick turn around, but do not know what to expect because I have NEVER had to send ANY of my firearms in for warranty work (Glock has spoiled me).
You should get a maintenance sheet with a complete breakdown of everything they did to it.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
Reactions: fatal-bert33

·
Registered
76 Posts
OK, I can see "warranty" service on parts that may have worn out from normal usage and wear, but a abused firearm? Well ya see, I was stuck in the mud and it's the only thing I had handy to stick under the jack to keep it from sinking...

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
Well ya see, I was stuck in the mud and it's the only thing I had handy to stick under the jack to keep it from sinking...
They'll fix it. Then ask that you don't do it again.

Reactions: fatal-bert33

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
There was a guy who sent in a totally toasted Hi-Point to the factory that he bought used and they gave him a new gun in return. ;)

Reactions: James St. Patrick

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hmmmm, sounds like a case of feeding idiocracy. I guess I just came from the old school where you got whipped for your insolence or stupidity! LOL

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Point warranty is amazing. They replaced almost everything but the barrel, and included x2 extra magazines, and a new ape stock. It looks and feels like a brand new 995 from 2002. Everything seems perfect, but my front sight was damaged by Fed Ex. Not a big deal because I have an extra front sight and was planning to use a set of MBUS.
Font Material property Parallel Pattern Rectangle
Wood Air gun Gun barrel Trigger Gun accessory
Handwriting Font Material property Music Parallel
Font Material property Parallel Pattern Rectangle
Wood Air gun Gun barrel Trigger Gun accessory
Handwriting Font Material property Music Parallel

THANK YOU HI POINT!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts