Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, here's what you should all be praying for. If the 4595 ever comes to fruition, maybe HP would design (at least some of) them to take 1911 mags instead of the standard HP .45 mags.

Then you could have a .45 ACP carbine and get either hi-cap 1911 single-stack mags OR one of the 1911 25 or 40 round drums.

If they made two versions of the 4595 and made a deluxe model with:

* the new TS stock style
* 1911 mag compatibility
* a threaded muzzle...

they'd have to build a new factory.

Small town LEOs would LOVE them for it. Sidearm/carbine mag compatibility AND MIL-STD-1913 rail AND easy suppressor attachment? Fuhgeddaboudit.

This would allow HP to produce a carbine without having to produce hi-cap mags; there are plenty already on the market. Heck, if they made the controls similar to the 1911, dep't armorers and trainers would be buying them by the crate.

Plus, since they're made right here in Ohio, we wouldn't have to worry about having to SBR foreign rifles to be allowed to thread them. By far most of the rounds discharged on-duty here in small-town OH are for putting down injured or problem animals. Local LEOs much prefer to have suppressed weapons for those tasks.

I'll take my royalties in the form of one 4595-DX, please.

-'b

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well I have read of some slight amount of carbine usage referred to on some LEO forums.
Some were donated by Hi Point. Others were purchased by young officers who had the option of purchasing a rifle to carry in their patrol car to supplement their existing pistol/shotgun.
I don't expect there will be a big LEO market for the 4595, aside from a situation similar with the history of the 995.

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Who wouldn't prefer a KRISS? Especially since it takes GLOCK mags. But with budgets being what they are...

Some smaller agencies are being given WWII vintage 1911s to make do with until more $ comes along. We're talking collector's items warhorses. That's how tight things are. A budget .45 carbine that can run with the big money guns would be a boon to the guys around here. Just had a shooting here on Sunday. Lotsa bad people like to hide in the sticks.

-'b

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
I'd buy one of those DX editions! I've been praying the whole time that whenever the 4595 appears...it will take 1911 magazines. I'd be fine using my 8rnd Chip McCormicks. I'd love to be able to carry my 1911 and 4595 around using the same mags.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Mag compatibility with the 1911 would be a great idea. Of course I'm sure that ship sailed the first day they decided to cook up the 4595, since they already have a 45 caliber pistol in their lineup.
It is ok I can live with it. I already have to use different mags for my existing 995/Star BM combo.

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Call the ship back!!!

Seriously, I'd pay an additional $100 for a deluxe version with the added options listed above. Added benefit for them: they'd never again have to hear "why don't you make a rifle that takes hi-caps?"

-'b

·
Registered
247 Posts
Added benefit for them: they'd never again have to hear "why don't you make a rifle that takes hi-caps?"

-'b
They are used to that. I expect it is a lot like when Peppermint Patty talks to the school teacher on those on old Peanuts toons.

As soon as the word high cap comes out of our mouths, it starts sounding like wah, wah, wah, wah wah, wha to them. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.