Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys.
I just got my new Hipoint 995. Took it apart and cleaned it. Wonder if anyone can help with instructions on how to install the sling.
Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi-point slings are on the wrong side {the right}. But you can install it on the right {left} side just be careful nit to crack the stock. The bolts and other hard where should have come with the firearm if not let Hi-point know and they will set you up with some they will also tell you how to but it on. Did you get a user guide with the firearm? If not ask Hi-point for one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Idotusa. I have the hardware but no paperwork as far as where to hook it up. I see what you say about it is being hooked from the right side. Can I move the nuts that seem to be fixed in the plastic from side to side?

G

·
Hello everyone! New Indy resident here and Just got my first 995 on trade for 500rnds of 9mm! :D

I cannot for the life of me figure out how or where the sling mounts go. It took me forever to find this thread and it still doesn't make any sense. I need some help with this so any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks guys/gals!

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
The frt stock screw and the top rear screw thru the recoil pad are replaced with the sing swivels from the right side ..__--RR-- note it's mtd on the right side so the bolt handle on the left side don't poke ya.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Here's how it's done.

1) remove the screws from the front stock mounting point,

2) Using the stock screw, drive the nut from the left side of the stock,

3) repeat with the top screw on the buttstock,

4) place the mounting nuts in the holes on the right side of the stock and hand press them in,

5) using the sling mount bolts, tighten the nuts into the right side of the stock only finger tight,

6) remove the sling bolts, spread BLUE locktite on the threads and re-install the bolts.

Congratulations. Your sling is now mounted on the left side of the weapon.

P.S.

The charging handle will also now be poking you in the kidneys. LOL

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Hello everyone! New Indy resident here and Just got my first 995 on trade for 500rnds of 9mm! :D

Thanks guys/gals!
Isn't that like trading the Horse for the saddle

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a used 995 carbine and just ordered a manual but was looking at the 1 point slings and was wondering how to attach it to the stock. I would appreciate any one that has one of these 1 point slings, Thanks

·
Premium Member
36,049 Posts
Here's my way to do a 1 point.

Swap the rear swivel to the left side using the instruction by HPHooked. I used the front top of the butt stock holes.

Then clip your single point into it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts