Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve been searching for a 380acp hipoint carbine since June I’ve contacted hipoint that was a joke I think I interrupted the lady painting her nails or something she wasn’t interested in helping me or offering up any information
Then I contacted mks their exclusive marketing and distribution firm they weren’t very helpful as well the 380 acp carbine doesn’t exist new or used it hasn’t been in stock in any store or online since my search began
Is hipoint still in business? They don’t seem to be producing any new carbines
Both hipoint and mks don’t list an email address to contact them that way
I want to arm myself with this rifle for protecting family property and liberty and am choosing 380acp and hipoint because I have that caliber arms already and don’t want to add another to my armament
Does anyone here want to help me find this carbine or offer up good leads and or information about these companies?

·
Premium Member
21,120 Posts
Everywhere I look none are in stock anywhere. Pretty much the entire H-Point catalogue is sold out nationwide. I understand your wanting .380. However the expense just for plinking is much more expensive than 9mm, much more expensive.

I am guessing MOM tools up to make each model in certain numbers then retools for the other models. The 9, and .380 are probably made on the same machinery. Demand is less for the .380. 9 being their #1 TS model where do you think they are going to concentrate production.

Availability of any caliber right now is really really tight. .380 even more so. If you have the urgency for a long gun I would go 9mm. For the cheaper/more widely available ammo with more punch.

Sorry it isn't the answer you wanted. Just stating the facts. My crystal ball is in the shop for repairs so no telling when Biden attempts to stomp firearms availability.

Demand is at an all time high. Been to the gunstore lately? It's standing room only at the counter. Pitching a fit over availability isn't going to solve anything.

We can ruffle feathers here and piss you off. Hang around if you like.

Reactions: Think1st and Rerun

·
Premium Member
21,120 Posts
When you do find one expect to pay a premium price. For whatever reason you got into this at a late stage of the game.

·
Premium Member
35,649 Posts
Hi Point does actually produce in cycles, so they only make each caliber for “x” months per year, then they don’t make anymore of them until possibly the next year, or maybe 6 months later. Can’t find the gun you want? You have to wait. Or get on gunbroker and hope hard, then pay a premium price.

MKS sucks very, very badly. I have nothing good to say about them.

I like .380 pocket pistols, but I would get the 9 mm carbine because cost to run it is so much lower.. For that matter, right now I might settle for whatever carbine is in stock, but then, I have ammo.

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
They retool every 6 months. Over Christmas/New Year break, and 4th of July-ish. They just announced a large shipment of .40/.45/10mm on FB along with shutting down to retool, so one can assume they will be producing 9mm and .380 for the beginning half of 2021.

·
Registered
95 Posts
So I've been searching for a 380acp hipoint carbine since June I've contacted hipoint that was a joke I think I interrupted the lady painting her nails or something she wasn't interested in helping me or offering up any information
Then I contacted mks their exclusive marketing and distribution firm they weren't very helpful as well the 380 acp carbine doesn't exist new or used it hasn't been in stock in any store or online since my search began
Is hipoint still in business? They don't seem to be producing any new carbines
Both hipoint and mks don't list an email address to contact them that way
I want to arm myself with this rifle for protecting family property and liberty and am choosing 380acp and hipoint because I have that caliber arms already and don't want to add another to my armament
Does anyone here want to help me find this carbine or offer up good leads and or information about these companies?
Gander

says they have it in stock as of 1/10/21 7:23p Eastern.
They retool every 6 months. Over Christmas/New Year break, and 4th of July-ish. They just announced a large shipment of .40/.45/10mm on FB along with shutting down to retool, so one can assume they will be producing 9mm and .380 for the beginning half of 2021.
$259.69

Additional Freight charge of $15.00 applies.

Product Actions
Ships within 7-10 business days

https://www.ganderoutdoors.com/hi-point-firearms-3895ts-carbine-centerfire-rifle-214086.html

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
@Celtic

Gander/Camping World Inc CEO also told Trump supporters not to shop at his stores.

·
Super Moderator
28,354 Posts
So I've been searching for a 380acp hipoint carbine since June I've contacted hipoint that was a joke I think I interrupted the lady painting her nails or something she wasn't interested in helping me or offering up any information
Then I contacted mks their exclusive marketing and distribution firm they weren't very helpful as well the 380 acp carbine doesn't exist new or used it hasn't been in stock in any store or online since my search began
Is hipoint still in business? They don't seem to be producing any new carbines
Both hipoint and mks don't list an email address to contact them that way
That's because neither Hi Point nor MKS are direct-to-consumer sales. Hi Point has no clue where their guns get sold, that's up to the distributor, and Hi Point certainly wouldn't sell direct you in any case. MKS doesn't sell direct to the end consumer either. They distribute to gun stores and which gun stores they send product to is a trade secret, particularly how much of said product and at what unit price. Hi Point can't give you the information you want, regardless of how insulting you want to be about ladies "painting her nails," and MKS won't give you the information you want because you might just be a competitor, an anti-gun <cough> "reporter" trying to get a story he can spin anti-gun, or just someone they can't give information to.

I want to arm myself with this rifle for protecting family property and liberty and am choosing 380acp and hipoint because I have that caliber arms already and don't want to add another to my armament
Yes, I can help. You can do exactly what I had to do. Call around to every Local Gun Store in your AO to find one which stocks Hi Point carbines. Then drive over, whether or not they have any in stock, and order one. Put down your deposit (or the full amount, whatever they require). The LGS will call you when it has come in. Then you go back to the LGS, fill out your 4473, and take posession of your firearm.

This is what I have had to do for the last 2 guns I've bought. In fact, I'm still waiting on the second one which I placed on order around 4 months ago.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
^^Well said, Kirk!^^

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Copy
Thanks think that’s what I have to do hopefully it will come before feds decide to ban firearms in this county all together and if that’s the case well spent hard earned money will be down the drain

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The projectile of a 9mm and a 380acp are nearly identical so I’m not sure which will hurt more but they both hurt in the same fashion

·
Registered
27 Posts
No point in calling Hi-Point, they only distribute thru MKS. I called MKS a month ago and asked which distributors were the last 4595TS were shipped to. Very friendly and helpful person who put me on "table top" hold while he asked the warehouse manager.

Got it last week. :banana::bounce::clap::cheers:

·
Premium Member
21,120 Posts
The projectile of a 9mm and a 380acp are nearly identical so I'm not sure which will hurt more but they both hurt in the same fashion
Which one has more powder and ftlbs of energy to dump? And 9mm is the same diameter generally speaking. Not the same weight.

.380 hurts the wallet more. You're either a troll or a newbie to this world of firearms.

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Registered
27 Posts
Which one has more powder and ftlbs of energy to dump? And 9mm is the same diameter generally speaking. Not the same weight.

.380 hurts the wallet more. You're either a troll or a newbie to this world of firearms.
If your buying .380 it's more than 9MM. If you're reloading it's cheaper. :D

The wife and I carry a LCP in .380. She has a CF380 in her car and a 3895TS in the house.

Jeff Cooper said the purpose of a pistol is to buy you time to get to your rifle. :tank:

·
Premium Member
35,649 Posts
Jeff Cooper lived in California. And thought 7 rounds was plenty.

Not sure his words of wisdom are still all that wise.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts