Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, I have a HiPoint 40 that I have only fired 42 rounds through. I have owned it since 2016, unfortunately I never cleaned it (first mistake). This year 2021 I went to the range to practice and when I got the firearm loaded and pulled the trigger nothing happened. The trigger is solid/ will not pull. I figured I would pull the slide off according to instructions. I put it back together and have the same issue, any suggestions? Also the trigger will not release the firing pin when the slide is charged with an empty magazine.

·
Premium Member
36,046 Posts
Is the safety on? I assume not, since the slide was racked.
Is the mag disconnect correctly installed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Safety is off, everything worked fine when I was at the range last. The main problem is that I have never cleaned the firearm and it has never been disassembled. I've only fired 42 rounds through the gun, all were sw40cal brand new from the same box. I read the manual and it states that HiPoint can void the warranty if the firearm suffers from lack of maintenance and cleaning. At this point I feel compelled to take the slide off and investigate. I also feel I've gotten my money's worth, the worst I can do is reassemble it improperly or damage it more.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
Safety is off, everything worked fine when I was at the range last. The main problem is that I have never cleaned the firearm and it has never been disassembled. I've only fired 42 rounds through the gun, all were sw40cal brand new from the same box. I read the manual and it states that HiPoint can void the warranty if the firearm suffers from lack of maintenance and cleaning. At this point I feel compelled to take the slide off and investigate. I also feel I've gotten my money's worth, the worst I can do is reassemble it improperly or damage it more.
Never heard of Mom voiding a warranty. Worst case, send it back, they'll fix it for free and return it good working order. So far as taking it down, follow the instructions and/or ask us for help. There's more combined experience here tha the entire Hi Point factory. My guess is that Ajole hit your problem - the mag safety is out of kilter in some way. Before you pull the slide, GENTLY remove the RIGHT grip and check the mag release safety. Take a picture if you can and post it. If that isn't it, we move on the phase 2.

·
Premium Member
36,046 Posts
Once upon a time, the manual said to use a bore brush every hundred or so rounds, disassembly was only at 1500 rounds, IIRC.

Point being, there is ZERO chance mom will void the warranty.😂

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Trigger pull worked before, but not now. Sounds like something with a trigger bar connection being bound up or out of whack. If good then what Ajole has said, check the mag safety working correctly. MoM will come through if still can't find solution or fix from here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts