HiPoint Responds to YouTube Video

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by PT92, Apr 3, 2017.

1. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Well, he also got a "gravity assist"...
    1. Hold HP straight up in the air, full extension.
    2. Pull straight down by bending elbow, as fast as possible.
    3. Stop abruptly at shoulder height.
    4. Push upward quickly, do not pause at the bottom!

That is what it looked like he did. I'd imagine it was not a brand new weapon, either, likely well broken in. :confused: Locking back the slide for a few weeks could help achieve this maneuver, IMO ;)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  2. misterjhpc9

misterjhpc9 Member

People put hi points through extreme torture test not.even knowing they are actually validating the strength and reliability of the gun while ****ting on the other expensive guns because there's no way a glock or m&p or sig is going to stand up to any of the torture ive seen people do to hi point's.

3. misterjhpc9

misterjhpc9 Member

That had to be some camera trickery because I have yet to be able to do it lol.

4. Twisty

Twisty Simple by choice Supporting Member

Thanks. I was doing it wrong. But even doing it that way I was unsuccessful.

I guess I'll have my lady friend give it a try. She good with that motion.

5. duster066

duster066 Supporting Member

It can be done. I've seen several youtube yahoos do it. It takes a whipping action at the end of the down stroke.

6. misterjhpc9

misterjhpc9 Member

Until I can see it in person I think its impossible lol. I've tried it qnd the slide isn't budging.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  7. misterjhpc9

misterjhpc9 Member

Holy smokes I just did it! I dont think it would have rack a round in though, maybe I have to practice a little more.

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Could have been, but your pistol might also be too new.
    Lock the slide back for a week or more... ;)

9. It's good that they can take the abuse, for such a cheap pistol I don't see why so many people hate.

10. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida

Attached Files:

11. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

I was coming here to say pretty much what the screen cap said.
    I'd love to see a Sig or Glock or H&K run through a gauntlet like IV8888 ran their HP through. Jam a railroad spike in the end of the barrel and load a +50% over powder charged round in the chamber and pull the trigger.

12. Twisty

You have to take the safety off.
    :)

Eta
    I see you figured that out. :)

13. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    There's some pretty severe Glock tests out there. Including throwing one out of an airplane.

14. Out of a plane or out of a second story window... there won't be much difference when it hits the ground.

15. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

And it's all stupid.

Most of these "abuse" tests are completely idiotic and never will be representative of any sort of use or abuse that a gun will take. I heard an interview with one Video/Toober/Blogo-tester who does their "endurance and wear test" by dragging the gun behind a car for 2 miles and claimed that this represented extended wear and use. Pig feathers! Dragging a gun behind a car is representative of... wait for it... dragging a gun behind a car.

If you want to represent how the gun runs for 5,000 rounds, then... shoot 5,000 rounds. If you want to represent hostler carry and wear for 2 years, then holster and draw the gun 700 times, work the slide 1,400 times, and leave the gun in the holster, mounted on a vibratory test. Maybe throw in a standardized environmental, salt-spray, or humidity test. Include periodic cleaning and lubrication.

All of these "drag the gun and throw it out of a plane" is just idiotic grandstanding with no actual value outside of entertainment.

There are a few "tests" which are almost (but not quite) representative. These are the immersion tests where the gun gets immersed in various media such as water, sand, or dirt. While a case can be made that these sort of things might happen, even then it should be understood that this would be the extreme, both in terms of "testing" and in terms of likelihood. Thus the results of these sort of immersion tests should be given the least weight when considering merits of a gun.

So, while I do find the IV8888 type abusive <ahem> "tests" to be entertaining, I don't find them to be particularly useful.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

16. Twisty

Of course it's for entertainment purposes. With out this sort of extremism few would watch. No clicks no money except from the manufactures.

17. Youngridge

Youngridge Member

I can't watch the video but if you ever seen the one by IV8888 you almost find it comical how a group of people will go to such extremes just to destroy a pistol. Really shows how durable they are

18. HP/C9/45ACP

HP/C9/45ACP Member

Hell, the Gremlin put them both to shame in the ugly department and then lets not for the Rambler. I dated a girl that drove a Gremlin back in the '80's if she'd looked like her car, no way. Don't think I could have looked at her with a chopped off square rear end.

19. Twisty

I want to see a real life test.
    A group of people, a C9, 5000 rounds and a keg. Break down and cleaning every 1000 rounds.

20. amannamedjed

amannamedjed Supporting Member

What's the keg for? Is that to see if the group of shooters can last as long as the firearm?