Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally joined this place in 2005 (year I turned 18) and it was a pretty small community then. I remember when the max users online hit 14 I thought that was really something lol. Now our daily max users sits between 30 and 50 usually, with a lifetime max at 165! I kinda wish that we had kept a history or something showing how much we've grown and marking the past iterations of HPFF, just for the fun of it you know :) When was the first HPFF setup anyway? When I joined we were hipoint7.forumer.com or something like that, I always had to bookmark it because I couldn't remember the URL haha.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
hmm...thats going to be tough man. lol Im pretty sure forumer was our first home. They screwed up and lost our data. Then I transferred us to our own place...then there was another screw up...which moved us here to our current resident server. But as far as details....id need help from some of the old timers. I cant even remember how many years we've been up. Primal? lol

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
I was the 333rd original member of the old forum. And yes, you're correct Mason, we were first at hipoint7.forumer.com when we first came up. Once forumer.com screwed the pooch, Jones moved us to our own server over on GoDaddy.com and then that one went to hell in a handbasket and we've since passed the keys of the kingdom over to Corelogik, as he's our Digital Jedi, and he gives us a place to live on his own personal, paid for server space. He's also the one to thank for the new software, the chat room and all the other Administrative stuff that Jones and I either didn't have time to do, or just didn't know how to do.

I honestly don't know when the forum first came up, I believe it was in 2005, as I originally joined in March of 2006 after I met Taurus357 at the shooting range and he told me about the forum. We'd have to have our sign up logs to be able to confirm that and I doubt seriously that forumer.com still has that information. However, in March of 2007 is when the forumer.com site went down and we switched to GoDaddy. I am sure everyone remembers when the GoDaddy site went down, as we were offline for almost a month, and the rest is history.

Any other specific questions, just ask, and I'm sure someone here has been around long enough to answer it, or we can put our heads together and figure it out.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
i was here on the original forumer, i think i joined when there were around 200 members or so, in 2005 IIRC. i was around for most of the original board buildup, but i took about a three month break from teh forum after the FFZ debacle kinda soured me on forums for a while. after that ive been on ever since. i wish we would have had a "resident historian" like el choppo was on gunboards. he kept track of al major events in offline log. he would post it in chunks from time to time.

SW

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I wish I had thought of that, at the time I joined I remember SW being on there, and of course the FFZ haha. There are still some familiar faces from the old days, but it's hard to remember who was there before and who was there after me. If I had known the board was as new as it was I would have started keeping track of it myself, but oh well, hindsight is 20/20 haha.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Well, if you want to be the HPFF Official Historian, just say the word bro.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
And I just changed your profile to reflect your new title. Thanks 47_MasoN_47.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
IIRC the original forum went from 2005 to 2007, the interim godaddy forum was 2007 to 2008 and weve been or corelogik server ever since. The FFZ lasted like four months of untold vileness that was eventually deleted. somewhere ive got the chat logs when we set up the dark rooms if you want them saved for posterity.

SW

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Also, I was the one that pulled the plug on the FFZ. I think that was the most fun I've ever had as an Admin, deleting an entire section of absolute bullshit.

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
We need some sort of "Badge of Honor" for those of us that have been at all of the versions of the forum. If I recall I came on board with on the Forumer version in 2006 or early 2007. I don't have my E-mail saved that far back.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sweet, thanks Primal. I have a Word (well actually Open Text Document - Open Office FTW!) document going right now where I'm putting in entries that I can remember. SW, if you wanna send those chat logs I'll add those in there as well, I have the date that the DR opened, I kept that anyway just for fun. Once I get it all together I'll get with Corelogik and see if he wants to add a section to the site or if he'd rather keep it on a separate site. I probably still have my activation email from the forumer version, probably the interim godaddy failforum also (I'm a packrat and don't usually delete anything).

I never did spend much time in the FFZ because of it's charlie fox like nature. It was a bit much for me haha, I like the Dark Rooms, but the FFZ got a bit out of hand.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
free fire zone
it was the friendly fire zone... what a mess.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.