Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
If we are not allowed to carry around children how are we to protect them from the wacko shooters at malls, stores, restaurants etc.

If the woman has her CCW or it is legal to open carry in the state then the sheriff needs to back off, and the people of the city need a refresher course on what the state laws are.

·
Registered
127 Posts
"It's not a matter of being paranoid. People have smoke detectors and fire extinguishers in their homes. They're not paranoid; they're prepared."
Best thing I have heard in a while

·
Registered
581 Posts
funny how the sheepole complain when they see a gun on someone not in uniform, but scream when the bad guys do something and no cop is there. we all need to take a lesson from her. we do have smoke detectors in the house yet it isnt often that my house burns down (well ok it has happened to me twice in 56 years). wish we had open carry here in Texas. but we are working on it.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Thats funny what you say about Texas. Missouri law says it is legal to open carry, but through out most of Mo if you do open carry you WILL go to jail for some reason. Probably peace disturbance.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I wear a seat belt when I'm in the car, am I paranoid about getting into an accident? I also have smoke detectors, am I paranoid about having a fire? I wear shoes when I leave the house, am I paranoid about stepping on glass? I carrying a gun, am I paranoid about being attacked? In a word, NO.
I applaud this woman. I carry with my daughter in tow to protect her, myself, my wife, or any innocents who may be in my vicinity. My 4 year-old knows I carry. She knows why I carry. She knows never to touch my gun, ever. My gun, in it's holster, with the safety engaged, will NEVER fire, under any circumstance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont see what the problem is, this is where society has come. If she has taken an passed all the necessary courses an tests that allow her to open carry, then I say more power to her. I fer one dont leave the house without mine either. Maybe if alot more people would take that approach, then maybe our crime rates would drop an the criminals would thank twice before they try to take your shit.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I dont see what the problem is, this is where society has come. If she has taken an passed all the necessary courses an tests that allow her to open carry, then I say more power to her. I fer one dont leave the house without mine either. Maybe if alot more people would take that approach, then maybe our crime rates would drop an the criminals would thank twice before they try to take your shat.
Agreed, but the liberal tripe in our government and some in the public have been conditioned to fear the sight or mention of a gun, and what you suggest would be hard to pull off.
But I do agree, If every one who could open carry would open carry, crime would drop off.
What bad guy wants to walk, armed or not, it to any store, mall, restaurant, hospital, school etc. and try to rob or shoot the place up if three quarters of the people in the place have sidearms hanging from their hip or other location.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I voted yes. Here in WI there is no CCW but open carry is legal. As soon as I decide which Hi-Point pistol I'm going to purchase (.45ACP or C9), I plan on carrying openly for no reason other than it is my right to do so.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What's funny to me is that all of the fuss is because she is carrying openly. There would be no story if she were carrying concealed. She would be just as armed.
it's as if the people who have a problem with it don't care if you're armed or not. They just don't want to see it.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I'd love to open carry but since Ohio considers being in a car "concealing" it's not very practical. Also it wouldn't go over well at work, although they all trust me (and they all know I shoot) there's at least one lame-o who is afraid of even airsoft pistols and knives.

What I have been doing for the past few weeks and probably until I get a CCW permit is what I call "lunch box" carry: pistols and ammo in a cheap pistol case on my passenger seat or otherwise nearby. Although Ohio laws still carry some retardation, it's legal because the guns and magazines are not loaded and there are no loaded speedloaders present. Thankfully it's very unlikely I'd need to use one of my guns to defend myself against a human threat; realistically I only "carry" because it's my right and I'd like to be able to put a deer or other animal down in the event of a collision since my drive home is in the dark on country roads.

Speaking of which, anybody else do that?

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
A huge part of the problem is a liberally slanted mass media, whom portray carrying as making you a threat to society at large.
I cannot recall ever seeing the media report whether the person whom committed a gun crime was legally allowed to possess that firearm,
or if it was legally obtained.
It would be fair and equal time if they reported the truth, "Oh, and by the way, the shooter was a convicted felon who was illegally in possession of the gun."
They just report, "Guns bad! People with guns are a danger to us all!" And so spreads the paranoia.

Indiana is considered an open carry state, but you cannot get away with carrying openly. I know the law says no municipality can
repress your right to keep and bear arms, but they do, and will. Whether in the guise of "Creating a public disturbance", or "Brandishing a loaded weapon",
they will do whatever they have to do, to stop you from exercising your rights. If I were to open carry in my city, I would be surrounded by very aggressive LEOs
in a matter of minutes. I know most of them very well. But they would still force me to exit the area, and tell me to put the weapon out of view.
In my interview with the chief to obtain my license to carry, he informed me that "brandishing" was not permitted in city limits. When I asked him exactly what
that meant, he said, "Just don't let anyone know you are carrying a firearm, and no one will get all excited. We don't need citizens panicking about a man with a gun."
At the time I did not know that Indiana is considered an open carry state. Because we live on the main pathway between Fort Wayne, and Marion, (two large local
cities with a fair amount of gang related violent crime, and a couple dozen reported gun crimes annually) people around here are very freaked out about guns.
The local television stations are obviously anti-gun, as can be seen in their posturing about reporting gun related crimes.
They just throw fuel on the fire of the anti-gun crowd. Heck, the local tv stations won't even run advertisements for the big local gun and knife shows anymore.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I see where she's coming from with her complaints. But where i live if open carry was legal there would be about 50 "John Q. bad asses" walking around the local Walmart swaggering their (enter brand name pistol here), just to make a scene of themselves. I believe that the concealed carry is just as effective, and it leads to less disturbance in the end. But hey just my $.02.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts

I put my vote in and I see that the majority of people feel as I do. I think it is wonderful that she open carries! I wish that Fl. was an open carry state. There was just a story on the Orlando news last night about someone that had his gun in a holster in his vehicle console. He was stopped by a policeman and he immediately told them about the gun. His gun was confiscated and he was arrested. There were several police there and they could not seem to agree on whether it was legal or not. When the police don't even know the laws, there are probably many people that are law abiding citizens that will be hasseled.
Pat

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
I still don't get how people think a legally cleared trained person carrying is a "danger to the children" in fact most of the gun crimes where there was a rampage, could have been stopped if a CCW was there to stop them. The kids are safer because she is there. Not indangered by her being there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts