Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
514 Posts
Technically they don't (Any more). The 380 and C9 comp have been sought by many but few have found them. Personally, I prefer the non comp models. But to each their own!

Cheers,
Kyu

·
Long Arm of the Law
631 Posts
There is a 9 comp on Auction Arms item # 9302031. I have seen 38's there aas well. They do sell for more than org price these days.

·
Long Arm of the Law
631 Posts
Make that 380's. Sorry for the mis-type, brain faster than fingers.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Well, the Comps do have longer barrels. I want both for my HP collection. :yes: ;)

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Then why didn't Hipoint do like other gun companies and just lengthen the slide and the body of the gun instead of throwing on an ugly hunk of plasitc?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Then why didn't Hipoint do like other gun companies and just lengthen the slide and the body of the gun instead of throwing on an ugly hunk of plasitc?
All the comp'ed pistols I've seen did not enclose the compensator with an extended-length slide/frame. They all had a compensator hanging off the barrel just like the Hi-Points.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Why would anyone want the comp, they're hideously ugly, the hunk of plastic hanging off the end of the barrel and the mag.
That mag is the ten round mag. the same one you can get for any of the small framed hi-point pistols and you cound take the compensator off if you wished.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Was it not just said that the point of the comp pistol was the longer barrel? What other benefit is there?

And if you go look at a, lets say springfield xd 4 in barrel, and then a 5in barrel, there isn't a ugly ass hunk hanging off the end, the slide and body of the gun has been elongated.

EDIT: wow, brain fart, compensator, dur dur dur.

Anyway, the recoil isn't that bad on the 380 or the 9, why would you need a compensator? Also, what purpose do you have in an actual SD situation to be blasting that many shots that quickly?

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Was it not just said that the point of the comp pistol was the longer barrel? What other benefit is there?

And if you go look at a, lets say springfield xd 4 in barrel, and then a 5in barrel, there isn't a ugly ass hunk hanging off the end, the slide and body of the gun has been elongated.
The compensator as well as the barrel are the benifites. see here to learn a little about compensators. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muzzle_brake

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Once again, I had a brain fart as I stated in my edit, I thought it was just a longer barrel, some reason the word compensator wasn't clicking in my mind at the time.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Once again, I had a brain fart as I stated in my edit, I thought it was just a longer barrel, some reason the word compensator wasn't clicking in my mind at the time.
The HP.380Comp and the HP C-9Comp...do have longer barrels. If you take the Comp off either barrel, they will have the barrel sticking out some. Which is COOL too. :yes: ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts