Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting tired of readjusting my Hogue grip. I tried a variety of rubber cements, PlastiDip, etc. to get it to stay put. It would work for a little while, but then would eventually break loose.

I'm guessing that I'm not the first one to hit on the solution, as it's so simple. I rolled the Hogue grip down, took out the grip screws and rolled the Hogue grip back up. I used a sharp wood screw to put a small hole in the rubber grip, then reinstalled the grip screws. Keep the hole small and don't overtighten the screws.

The only problem I can see is that the rubber grip may start to tear after a while. But, it does that anyway after a while. I carry this every day in a holster in my waste band, so if that's going to be a problem I'll find out fairly quickly.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
That's a great idea. I had a similar problem with the Hogue on my first JCP that I just stretched and slipped on. So I installed a Butler Creek
for the GF when I gave her the gun. It didn't slip.

However, on my second JCP I roughed up the rubber inside the Hogue grip. Then put it in a pan of boiling water until it was extremely soft. Removed the excess water and using heat resistant gloves installed the grip. Once it cooled I couldn't move it. If I ever need to get under the grips I'll probably have to cut it off.

I liked the look of the Butler Creek. But the Hogue fit my hand better.

Walt

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Almost a month later and after daily IWB carry, the Hogue grip is still holding up just fine. No tearing, twisting, or trouble. The little knobs on the grip are starting to wear off, though, over the spot where the factory grips are raised for your thumb and index finger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.