Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting this here for the heck of it. Unfortunately I am still fighting the after effects of the flu. But it has allowed me to do a lot of reading of things I normally wouldn't.

I will say this if you have not read "Hologram of Liberty" it is an excellent work. It is also a completely depressing one. I am struggling with the revelations of just how badly we were sold down the river by Hamilton, I knew some of this but by no means the true extent. I am in the midst of wondering if the means to restoring liberty lay in dissolving this Republic or rather allowing it to self destruct as it seems to be doing. Those of you who know my posts know my thoughts on the danger of that path. Those of you that have read this book know exactly what I mean. Ah well better to know than not.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
No surprise, I'm not a huge fan of Royce, not because of subject matter but I don't like the writing style for whatever reason. I'll add on to Rhodes; Hamilton definitely had an agenda and the debates between he and Jefferson were epic. Take some time and read more about the Virginia Plan, the New Jersey Plan, Pinckneys Plan and Hamilton's Plan (sometimes called the British Plan).

"There are several parts of this Constitution which I do not at present approve, but I am not sure I shall never approve them. ... I doubt too whether any other Convention we can obtain, may be able to make a better Constitution. ... It therefore astonishes me, Sir, to find this system approaching so near to perfection as it does; and I think it will astonish our enemies..."

Benjamin Franklin

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well they did manage to get Jefferson out of the picture long enough to get this done, but at least the language and the results of it makes more sense now. I think I need to just digest this more when I feel better, hard to be myself lately.

Royce is not a likable guy being completely alpha male and his style can be arrogant but he does think for himself, does good research, gives sound advice, and there is no question of where he stands. That carries a lot of weight in my book, no pun intended.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I am in the midst of wondering if the means to restoring liberty lay in dissolving this Republic or rather allowing it to self destruct as it seems to be doing. Those of you who know my posts know my thoughts on the danger of that path.
there's always secession...

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
I am in the midst of wondering if the means to restoring liberty lay in dissolving this Republic or rather allowing it to self destruct as it seems to be doing. Those of you who know my posts know my thoughts on the danger of that path.
there's always secession...
Let's make a move to start with nullification and then if that proves fruitless move to secession. It's time to return to the notion that this is a union of free states in which the power resides, and that Federal Washington exists because we allow it, not the other way around.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
I just finished Boston's Gun Bible and will look for Hologram of Liberty next. He is hard to read sometimes but
he does make a lot of sense. I just can't afford all that he says!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dont try just use the knowledge to get better of what you can afford.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.