Holster Interchangeability

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by JH45, Aug 16, 2015.

1. JH45

JH45 Member

Will a JHP fit in a plastic holster designed for a Glock 45? Sig P220? 1911? Thanks.

2. Not sure why when there are plastic holsters made for Hi Points on the market.

3. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

I do not buy generic holsters. Fitted holsters can be had fora few dollars more, and I think you will be much happier.

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
  5. JH45

JH45 Member

Why don't you just pay $40 for a stock?

6. talon

talon the banned wagon

Because i got one for $10 elsewhere. And its the right one so it works. Amazing huh? The right part, works the best. What did that have to do with using the wrong holster genius?

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Come on Talon, you have to admit...this guy is good.:p

But really JH45...are you going to buy a holster, or are you trying to see if one you own would work?

If buying...buy the right one, as Talon said. There are less options but there are decent ones.

If trying yours out...why ask?

Are you looking for OWB, or IWB? Hybrid like an AlienGear or K-Holster, or more Duty type like a Safariland or Blackhawk?

8. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

9. JH45

JH45 Member

buying a holster

10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  11. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Reported thread locked pending Moderator review.

[EDIT]

I have reviewed the thread. It is clear that there was conflict of statements and opinions between Missiledefender and several other members participating in this thread. Please end that conflict within the confines of this thread.

To be clear, the argument revolving around whether or not a legally carried CC handgun, if dropped from the holster accidentally, would lead to an arrest and a media circus is done in this thread.

I am currently weighing my options of whether or not to prune the posts revolving around this issue out of this thread and into another and, if so, should I move it to the General Discussion forum of the Dark Rooms, a Supporting Members only forum, or move it to a thread in the CCW & Open Carry forum.

I am now unlocking the thread.

-Kirk [Moderator]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  12. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I have moved the whole argument about the legal consequences of dropping a legally concealed handgun to this thread in the CCW & Open Carry forum.

Please be polite.

Don't drop the soap! ...err... gun.

-Kirk [Moderator]

13. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

14. JH45

JH45 Member

Didnt like Alien Gear. Never wore it out of the house. Including the rails how wide is a JHP?

15. Audiokutz

Audiokutz Member

I took advantage of the two-fer offered by Alien Gear. $49 got me an IWB for both my C9 and JHP45, and even though I opted for the tan leather original tuck cloaks (what can I say, I'm frugal), they fit the guns perfectly, positive retention, and easy draw. Wearing it in the kidney position is comfortable, whether driving or standing, and keeps both concealed very well... Just my two cents!

16. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I like the cross breed holsters better.

17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Why? They look essentially identical.:confused:

18. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

The Cross Breed are more comfortable the Alien holsters dig into my leg/hip and are longer width wise that cause it to dig in. I keep wearing them to see if they will wear in some but they still dig into me. I really like the design and hope it breaks in better though