Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay how many of us have been looking for good quality leather holsters for our .45 acp Hi Points? I know that Fobus and Airsoft make holster, but I wanted leather to where on a belt slide.

Well I found my Dillon, that was made for a Glock 26/27 and just followed some advice from others who have made leather holsters for their own firearms, as well as from the Tandy Leather book that I got for making holsters.

After wetting the completely wetting the leather with warm water and letting it stand for a bit, I wrapped my JH45 with cling wrap to protect the metal because it was now going to sit in the wet leather holster until it naturally dries. I will then use saddle soap, and then my own special mix for waxing the holster.

So I just thought I would pass this along to you all.

·
Registered
922 Posts
:D Hats off on a great idea. Be sure to update us on how it comes out :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leland1

It is took shape real well, and I was able to use a flat piece of plastic to put the HP slide lines into the holster. I've checked the ease of draw, and it really is nice. It still needs to dry all the way, and then the final oiling of the leather will take place.

I see by looking at Dillon's web site these holsters have gone up in price.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did the same thing for my 40 and when I got done I used lamp oil on the finished inside part of the holster and it worked fine. It sure is a shame as popular as these guns are that only a few makers of holsters are avalible.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Well got the holster finished, and notice No Toe's in the picture either.

I'm sorry rule 16.233 of the Hi Point forum says You MUST show toes in ALL pictures.

You will forfeit ALL rights to your weapon and immediatly ship it to ME!!
THANK YOU

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
That looks like it would fit my C9 as well... I may have to pick one up and reshape it!!

Nice job looks like a sweet holster :!:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Here ya go with toes.... ya aint gettin my guns :lol:

Way to save your arse J_B!! Once gain HATS OFF!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts