Holster recommendations

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by jonahspa, Sep 24, 2015.

1. jonahspa

jonahspa Member

I recently purchased a Taurus pt111 g2. Anybody know of any out-of-box holsters that will fit? OWB please. I'm not having any luck finding one. Thanks

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

Copy/pasted from tbe 36 gazillion times this gets asked:
    Take it to your local gun shop, sporting goods store that sells holsters, let the guy at the counter know what your doing, and try a few out. Find one that fits. Buy it.

3. jonahspa

jonahspa Member

Wow, I never would of thought of that. I thought maybe someone had one and would know before I did that. Sorry you had to exert the energy for that answer

4. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Depends on what you want, retention level, etc.

There are places that you can order from online that make models for "specific" firearms.

I know the alien gear holsters have a decent package IWB and OWB combo. Just look for the ads. Haven't heard anything bad about them.

5. Visper

What Talon said is usually your best option though, I like to try it BEFORE I buy it. My LGS usually just sells pre-packaged stuff, I have gotten most of my holsters from gun shows.

6. talon

talon the banned wagon

The extensive amount of information you gave made it easy. You're welcome.

7. jonahspa

jonahspa Member

It will just be for range duty. I've been looking at alien gear, but if I can get one out of the store without ordering one I'd rather do that.

8. Don't cry Jonah.Just get a universal until you find one that fits.Its not all that hard.

9. Visper

Gun shows come in every couple months, even around Philly. Go there and check them out. They have tons of types and price ranges to chose from. Usually way more selection than your LGS, at least around here...

10. talon

talon the banned wagon

Or you could do this.....theres a whole internet with info out there.....i found several in .00936 seconds.

Attached Files:

11. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I'm with Talon on this on Jonah, we're more then happy to help but we're not here to do your work for you.
    Especially with a gun that common.
    HiPoints are a little harder as there are not that many aftermarket holster makers let alone the rare surplus guns we all crave.
    Any random LGS or even Walmart will have a holster that will fit that gun.

12. jonahspa

jonahspa Member

My LGS doesn't have much selection at all. Maybe 3 or 4 shows a year and they're quite a drive away. I go to the city about once a month. They have a gander mountain there, big selection but none of them said for the taurus. I reckon I'll just order one offline. Thanks for your insight

13. talon

talon the banned wagon

If you say "hey mister gun shop guy, i need an OWB holster for my Taurus p111 g2", theres a 99% chance he'll say something along the lines of "let me see what my distributor has available" and he'll open a catalog or 3, or pull up the distributors website......and look.

Kinda like its his job to help you, and maybe make a few bucks by doing it.

An ounce of effort here man.

14. Visper

Well around here you would have to pay before my LGS will bring one in for you... its Philly what can I say... Not sure where he is from but if that is the way his LGS does business also its about the same as ordering it online and it would probably be cheaper...

15. talon

talon the banned wagon

Sure hed have to buy it first. But its a ridiculously easy option. And someone right there that privacy has a little knowledge that can help him and ask questions to find out exactly what he wants/needs. Probably the most common sense idea as well.

16. jonahspa

jonahspa Member

I have looked. I didn't ask for work to be done. It is a common handgun but holsters are not. At least in my area. The holster for my other handgun is an universal for sub compacts but the taurus won't fit. That's why I asked, in case someone had one with a model number they use, before I order online

17. Visper

This I definitely agree with. If you kinda know what you want, just look for that type and order it online. If your not sure that's what your LGS is for, the extra cost is for his experience.

18. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I love my Alien Gear for my C9 And I have the original.

From what I hear, the newest version is even better.

If (when) I get a new carry pistol, I am just going to swap the shell out for the new one.

I guess some folks might not like it, but I am very happy with it

19. Tracker

Tracker Member

That's what I was wanting to hear. Been looking at the Alien Gear,They look like a nice holster.

20. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Cross breed holsters are better IMO