Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After talkin to a few guys in here I went to my local Wally World. I bought one of the "Crossman" holsters brought it home an tried it out. I gotta say, I'm impressed, it fit both my C9 or my CF380!!! Other than it bein made of nylon I have no problm with it an it also has a extra mag pouch built into the front of it. I paid like $25 fer my Uncle Mikes holster last year fer my C9 an there aint a whole lot of difference in the 2. Except the "Crossman" only cost me like $8!!! I would recommend this lil holster to anyone lookin fer an inexpensive holster fer their C9 or their CF380.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Amazing isn't it. I didn't believe it at first but thought "what they hey" and it worked. Kinda made me think Uncle Mike should be giving me more for my money, like Hi-Point does.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I picked one up the other day too, on recommendations from this forum, for use as a range holster. I paid $7.64. I've been wearing it around the house too, although I've found that the "mag holder" works just as well, or better for a flashlight and the mag goes on my other hip in a magazine holder.

·
U.S.S.
2,267 Posts
I had my JCP in one. Needs to stretch a bit, but it works. On thing about having the .40 in it was that it was pretty easy for the holster to hit the mag release when sitting. Oh and it is RH only

·
Registered
107 Posts
In the pics, that's my .45 JHP. I had the same problem with the holster hitting the mag release. It was a little annoying to have the magazine come shooting out when I would sit down. So, I took out the seam ripper, took out some stitches on the trim, cut the holster out over the mag release, and then sewed the trim back down in the new notch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If anyone is interested, a place down in Texas, CheaperThanDirt, has drop down universal leg holsters available in RH or LH at pretty decent prices and decent construction. I have a shoulder holster rig from the same maker as the drop down for my 1911 .45. that I bought for under $25 at the time, counting S&H charges. They also carry an aftermarket stock for the HP carbines.

·
Registered
236 Posts
So this holster fits the .45. I need to check out Walmart.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
The holster will fit the 45JHP well but the mag pouch is to small to hold a spare mag for the 45. The C9 mags do fit the mag pouch. All in all the best 7 bucks you'll ever spend outside Tijuana.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
SW
I am a righty and didn't pay attention when I got the Uncle Mikes #15 for my JHP. What a dumb arse I can be at times. Can't decide whether to take it back and swap or keep it and just wear the C9 on right hip and the JHP on the other. That would be a heavy load though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ha! how funny I did the same thing and it fits perfect! Although I cut the magazine pouch off it looked to funny for me but as we all know things these days r gettin a bit too expensive lol so I would recommend this as well. Ony to my next task ... how to get the thing to stop shooting low.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
My JHP shoots as well as my ability at this point but my C9 does seem to shoot low.

My thought about fixing a shooting low problem is to "aim higher" LOL

·
Registered
107 Posts
The holster will fit the 45JHP well but the mag pouch is to small to hold a spare mag for the 45. The C9 mags do fit the mag pouch. All in all the best 7 bucks you'll ever spend outside Tijuana.
The pics I posted are of my .45. The first pic I have the magazine in the mag pouch.

Can't type anymore. It's time for the Jack Bauer Power Hour.

8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.