Holster

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Renato, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Renato

Renato Member

can anyone recommend a consealed carry holster for a Gamo p25 ?

2. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

What's your goal?

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

3. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    To keep his gun from falling on the floor when he isn't holding it.

SavageGuy likes this.
  4. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Oh. Why didn't you say so.

[​IMG]

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Pistolkitty, SavageGuy and FlashBang like this.
  5. cicpup

Vermont
    Now how's he gonna conceal that?

Pistolkitty and lklawson like this.
  6. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

To keep it in his pants....

Pistolkitty and FlashBang like this.
  7. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

[​IMG]

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Pistolkitty likes this.
  8. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

My point is that what the intended goal is, is important to the design of the holster. Does he want IWB? OWB? Does he intend to do draw-and-presentation drills? Does he just want to CC it in a non-permissive environment where even a .177 pellet pistol is better than harsh words?

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Pistolkitty likes this.
  9. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

If you want it for concealed or open carry in public, then I recommend "none". It's an air pistol and should not be carried around town. If you want to carry it out in the woods to shoot grasshoppers and such, then stick it in your pocket.

eldarbeast likes this.
  10. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

My point is that he's seeking advice on how to CC a pellet gun. He should keep it in his pants. If he's illegally carrying a concealed weapon, pellet gun or not, it's still illegal. So in reality, until we get more detail from the OP, this thread could and should probably be locked for promoting illegal activity and/or to prevent flaming, trolling, and abuse of the OP.

11. If you close all the threads for "abuse of the OP", there would be no reason to come here every day!?!

Pistolkitty likes this.
  12. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Did you gloss over "this thread could and should probably be locked for promoting illegal activity" to get to your conclusion?

13. cicpup

Vermont
    Doesn't pertain to the joke.

Pistolkitty likes this.
  14. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Sorta. The thing is we don't know what he really wants to do with it. That's why I asked for him to clarify his goal.

I found it interesting that he's asking specifically about the Gamo P25, the exact air pistol that I bought, and subsequently wrote an article about, for the purposes of getting cheap training time in my garage. One of the things I've done is Draw and Present drills. Maybe the gent is asking about that?

Or maybe he has a legal CC permit and, for some odd reason, wants to CC an air pistol?

Or maybe any number of other things.

BTW, a CO2 pistol isn't a "gun" under Federal Law. In many states, it's not a "gun" under state law either. There may or may not be state laws and local ordinances regulating the carry, use, discharge of a CO2 or airgun, or even classifying it as a "weapon."

There are also some oddities surrounding muzzle loading firearms. Federally speaking, and in some states, a person who has lost their firearms rights, can still own and use a muzzle loading firearm. It may or may not be classified a "weapon."

Have to talk to lawyers to be sure about your location. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk