Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had went to bass pro the other day and the shelves were empty..after my range trip last week I was looking to replace what I sent downrange and pick up some more for this weekends trip.

I walked towards the ammo Isle.. and was having a hard time seeing it lol..the 150,000 round shipment they were waiting on arrived ...the Isle was over flowing with ammo lol

I was in heaven I was finally able to buy the bulk umc 9mm which has been out for a few months ...I left enough for others though :p They had it all for real!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WWB 100 count 115grn $21.99 and UMC 250 count 115grn $54.99 Those were the only two I actually paid attention too and I walked out with a few boxes of the UMC.

The 50 count Remington I did note were 12.99 and WWB 50 count 11.99.

Normally I pay a little more attention but when I saw that big 250 boxes I knew that is what I would be walking out with and they are not on the same side of the isle as the smaller boxes lol

·
Registered
850 Posts
I'm from the Columbus area. Unfortunately that's a little farther than I would like to drive to buy ammo. Luckily though there's a gun show coming up this weekend. Hopefully I'm going to stock up a little from that. Unless I stumble upon a C9 for the right price. That might ruin my ammo plans all together.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I'm from the Columbus area. Unfortunately that's a little farther than I would like to drive to buy ammo. Luckily though there's a gun show coming up this weekend. Hopefully I'm going to stock up a little from that. Unless I stumble upon a C9 for the right price. That might ruin my ammo plans all together.
I'm also from Columbus area, and good luck on both of those!! I have called EVERY Wal-Mart in Columbus area and all are out of 9mm. Not that I need another C9, but I also haven't seen one for sale in about a month at gun shows, shops or otherwise.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you like blazer brass, Wally World is selling it for 8.97 for a box of 50. That's 300 rounds for just under 54.00. Some stores have it some don't but my local store has quite a bit of it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm from Columbus area also and no Wal-mart around here has been able to keep it on the shelf. I never get there in time to buy any. The gun shows are always more expensive on ammo IMO. Although I had to buy mine there. I paid $32 for 50 rounds of Hornady TAP 147gr CQ. That's way too expensive for me to take to the range on a regular basis. Does anyone know of a similar round that's cheaper than that?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I had went to bass pro the other day and the shelves were empty..after my range trip last week I was looking to replace what I sent downrange and pick up some more for this weekends trip.

I walked towards the ammo Isle.. and was having a hard time seeing it lol..the 150,000 round shipment they were waiting on arrived ...the Isle was over flowing with ammo lol

I was in heaven I was finally able to buy the bulk umc 9mm which has been out for a few months ...I left enough for others though :p They had it all for real!
+1 for leaving a bit for the rest of the shooting community :D Nothing worse than a panicy douchebag who buys ALL the ammo just because he can.

+1000 for NOT buying from Wal Mart!!!!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Da*n! I'm going to have to go to Vance's and end up buying something else too. I talked to both Wal-Marts again early this afternoon, they were both sold out again. I was told that the warehouse in Grove City had some and they were going to be getting 90 boxes of ammo. From whenever they put them out in the morning till 14:00 they were gone. I missed them again! Duck Mtn. is usually a joke so I don't plan on going there.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well -100000000 for whoever went and bought it all lol..was going to pick up a few more boxes just for some more fun time tomorrow beaking in the new c9 addition and the shelves were sadly empty again :( ...time to get a .22 lol

·
Registered
222 Posts
I now regret getting rid of the last of the .22's I had. I could always find cheap plentiful rounds in short or long for them. I think a might have to look back into buying a Walther P22. I just don't like the price of over $300 for a used one. Maybe I will get lucky and find one for $125 at a gunshow.......really doubt it, but I will keep looking. Where's my HP .22 or a 2295 carbine?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have heard some good things about vances the last few weeks.

I am not worried about finding ammo..all the gun shops here have tons in stock for 9mm ..COUGH* they are hoarding from cheaper retailers to jack up the prices to sell back to the public* COUGH

I just hate buying it from them(local shops) because they think no one is aware of the fast one they think they are pulling.

I will not mention the shops name...BUT ..this should give you something to laugh or cry about...

here is two USED hi points at a local shop...

# HI-POINT COMPACT 9MM $199.95
# HI-POINT 45 WITH LASER $289.95

·
Registered
222 Posts
Talk about over pricing! Although I saw a link to a 995 for sale last night. They guys listing said- Very good shape, Used 995 for $500 plus ffl shipping. I know I'm cheap, I wouldn't pay over $175 for one and I'm sure I will like one when I get it. That one is not for me though.

·
Registered
638 Posts
My online order from bass pro came in today. I am excited... all I have been able to find here in my town is WWB. Now I get to try out UMC. There is a pretty noticable difference in the overall size between the two.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts