Holy MOTHER of GOD!!! AA-12 Shotgun!

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Wildman, Feb 13, 2008.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c]This is Awesome![/ame]

2. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

that came out about two years ago. its stioll experiemental but the army rangers want it BAD.

SW

3. Saiga 12 is almost as awesome, a lot cheaper on the pocket book, and the average joe can buy one

Not taking away from the aa 12 shotguns thunder, but the saiga is a sweet weapon too

4. Joe Sixpack

Joe Sixpack Guest

no point getting spiffies over this gun guys it would take a miracle before we would ever see one in the US for civilian use/ownership.

5. Kelotravolski

Kelotravolski Member

+1 to Joe. Unfortunately looks like the 12ga Sagia is the only way for us to go.

6. I guess I was thinking of the AA for what it is, a military use weapon. Would I want one if it was legal to won? Heck yeah. BUt even as it is designed, as a military weapon, it is just plain awesome! Because it isn't available to normal Joe Public doesn't make it any less cool, lol. Kind of like the big 16" guns on the USS Wisconsin, they too are way cool.

7. neothespian

neothespian Member

But, there is something to be said for the simplicity of a good ole fashioned 18.5 Mossberg, 870 or Winchester 1300 :) Smallest size weapon for the punch it delivers, mechanically simple and if I'm not mistaken still an optional long arm for the US military. It's no fully auto 12 gauge, but it's been serving well for nearly 150 years (give or take)

I've yet to experience a Saiga 12, but I'm very intriuged....

8. hpman

hpman Guest

Ah the elusive Saiga 12. I have never seen one for sale, lots of .223, 7.62, .308 etc but never seen the 12. If I ever do, it will be mine.

9. Batjac

Batjac Member

I made the rounds of the gun shops last week. Plenty of Saiga .223s, 7.62s, .308s, and even .410 and 20GA. No one's seen a Saiga-12 in over 3 months.

Now, a Saiga-12, with the 20 round drum filled with those stabilized frag rounds....

10. There is a Saiga 12 at a couple of my shops near me. One is 379, I'm slightly tempted to get another one (I already have one).

But I think I want a Raging Bull more in 454 Casull.

11. 379 is a pretty good deal

12. Is it completely abnormal to get wood watching that AA-12 video? I thought I ate too much guava so I watched it again after not having any, same deal. :lol:

13. griff30

griff30 Member

NO IT'S NOT ABNORMAL!
    AND....If a chick was shooting it, well its just expected to find wood.

14. Lex

Lex Guest

That is a great deal. I can't find a used one less than $500.

15. Neo, imagine a 12 gauge semi (or full auto) shotgun with the simplicity and dependability of a AK47

One of those drop in the mud pick it back up and keep shooting weapons

Plus it has 10 rd mags and 20 rd drums for it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-eGP62sdds[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K-heFRwuWs[/ame]

this last one is my stepson with my shotty

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4eiUpILsws[/ame]

16. As neat as the AA12 is I would still prefer a good old fashioned Mossy 500 or Remmy 870.

17. I have a Mossy 500a, best pump around for the buck in my opinion

18. duker_sponk

duker_sponk Guest

Pretty cool shotgun.

19. I have a Mossberg 500 and, as cool as it is, it has nothing on that AA 12, lol. In fairness it is comparing apples to newspapers. I'd not give my 500 up for anything cause it's cheap and ultra reliable. But I have to look into these Saiga's you guys talk about, they sound pretty awesome too.

20. boyjoe

boyjoe Member

I have a saiga7.62 and my buddy has the saiga12 it is a fun gun to shoot but the recoil makes it hard to control in rapid fire so I would love to see how the "low recoil" of the AA12 works and feels to shoot. I also want to know what alloy is used that makes it "never need cleaning" but definitely a cool gun.