Home Brewed Beer

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Hdonly, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Hdonly

Hdonly Member

How many brew beer at home? Spent the whole day cooking. First batch was wheat beer. The second was a pilsner, and now cooking a pale ale. Hot work but the results are wonderful. Will be filling the kegs in about three weeks.

Attached Files:

2. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Too much work for beer.... shine would be easier. ;)

Attached Files:

3. Hdonly

Hdonly Member

Beer is legal though. Shine will get you time!

4. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Here is a song by an acquaintance of mine. His most famous song is a co-write with Jerry Reed for a certain Burt Reynolds movie

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxB9PByMv3I[/ame]

5. A friend of mine has done that for years. Not to my taste. Too heavy for me and he doesn't make any flavored which I will drink.

All I need is my 12 pack of Milwaukee's Best Light and I am happy. See, he says he is a connoisseur of beer and I am just a common sewer of beer.

Yeah, pretty much!!!

6. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Yuck, that is nasty

7. Hdonly

Hdonly Member

I like dark and light beers. I won't condemn your Milwaukee's Best. I have emptied many of those cans myself years ago. I am retired and just enjoy making and drinking beer. And it is cheaper than most premium beers from the store.

Attached Files:

8. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Distilled spirits for 'fuel use' is 100% legal. If you produce it for personal use, and to be used on your own property, you aren't subject to bonds, taxes, and denaturing your product unless it is removed from the premises. If it is removed from your property it has to be rendered undrinkable by adding in other items to render it unfit for consumption and is addressed under 26 U.S. Code § 518. :)

9. Hdonly

Hdonly Member

You do have to get a permit to make fuel. You can get paperwork to make shine too, but I don't want to go there. Beer works for me. I'm not much of a whiskey drinker anyways. I have drunk enough beer to "float a battleship" as my Dad used to say.

10. GLUGLUG

GLUGLUG Supporting Member

NC
    Shamefully I will admit to having had someone give me a whole beer making kit some years ago and I haven't done a damn thing with it....and it's not like I don't enjoy drinking beer either, name's GLUGLUG after all....

11. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    That's adorable. What's it produce? About a pint of finished product each run?

12. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I hear ya. Besides, Vodka's so much easier to make and you don't have to wait a year for it to age.

13. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Looks like some fine brews, HDO!!!

14. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

I used to home brew, miss it so started collecting parts to brew again. I don't drink much anymore and go for flavor over quantity now!

15. Branth

Branth Member

Good old applied biochemistry. I made a batch with my roommate once. I'd like to get into it again, but no pale ales. I prefer my beer drinkable, thanks...

16. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

That's my beer! Keeps me skinny ya know.

17. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

The screaming sh*ts will keep a man pretty thin....

18. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1442110798.198653.jpg
    These are pretty darn tasty.... My thanks to Think for the recommendation!

19. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

:):) You are so full of [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] :rofl:

20. ace

ace Member

One pint of shine is one pint of knock your d!ck in the dirt!!!!