Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was just cruising the M-carbo brotherhood forum and one of the guys showed a home made target his buddy came up with to break up the monotony of punching paper. It's pretty cool cause you could use it with kids to teach with .22s or move it out long range and try something a little more challenging. I just usually use gong targets hanging from a pre-fab frame out at the cabin.
Anybody else got something different they want to share?
d7706ab4d2297f0155d5eaab5fc82a0044a5cd45_2_690x326target homemade.jpeg

·
Administrator
24,570 Posts
No gun talk in the Lounge. Moved to training.

·
Premium Member
35,819 Posts
Well, ya figgered wrong! :ROFLMAO:
My home made targets are paper plates. Not what you were looking for.

I also built PVC target frames to hold paper.

And now I bought a few steel targets that are hung on 2x4s using commercial joints.

So really...nothing cool.

·
Administrator
24,570 Posts
I've got the plastic and metal, lightweight portable/collapsible stands from Caldwell for strictly paper punching and portable 2-piece stands I made myself from treated 2x's that I can use for paper punching, hanging steel, and propping up clays on top. They're currently on loan to a buddy who's trying to teach his mother in law how to shoot. They'll more then likely come back chewed up.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I'd like to build a 'Know your limits' target. I've seen them in paper targets but prefer one with steel with targets down to 1" maybe even 1/2".

Reactions: GrumpyOlMan

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts
I've got the plastic and metal, lightweight portable/collapsible stands from Caldwell for strictly paper punching and portable 2-piece stands I made myself from treated 2x's that I can use for paper punching, hanging steel, and propping up clays on top. They're currently on loan to a buddy who's trying to teach his mother in law how to shoot. They'll more then likely come back chewed up.
All my 22 steel targets are destroyed. Someone used the 17 on them. I need to make new ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts