Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

What do you have for a Home Theater?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
I got a plasma in the bedroom and an LCD in the living room.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
60" mitsubishi DLP 1080p kenwood 500w reciever polk surround speakers, and 250w pold powered sub. It is great when you crank it up and the wife is yelling, and all you see is just her lips mooving, but no sound coming out.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I had to vote projector because I have a 52 in 1080p DLP which is technically a projector .. Then dolby digital 5.1 surround with a 300 watt rms powered sub that knocks everything off the wall and end tables .

·
Banned
5,315 Posts
37" LCD that was moved into the bedroom when it started freaking out. 40" LCD samsung in the living room, Blu Ray, xbox 360, Wii, Sony 500 watt Reciever Surround speakers, sub that is too powerful for an apt.... It's turned up an 1/8th of the way, and it shakes the whole apartment.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
+1 on the wife's lips moving but no voice to hear!! lol!!! I can't pull that off with my theater, she secretly loves it. So she doesn't yell at me when we crank it up. My wife did not really complain when I started spending money on our theater either because she grew up with nothing and knew it would be awesome when completed.

It looks like I am not alone and there are a few other theater buffs here. Sounds like you guys have some nice setups.

Keep the lists coming, lets hear what you have;

Mine is an Optima Projector shooting to 82 inches, Sony Blue Ray Player, Harman Kardon AVR247 7.1 receiver, and five 2 channel amps feeding MTX speakers and four 12 inch subs (1500Watts total).

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
In the living room we have just a basic 32in Magnovox boob tube. We dont really have money to get a LCD with speakers. In the bedroom however, I have my 22inch LCD computer monitor (1680x1050) hooked up to my computer. I tied my 360 into it using the hdmi cord and also hooked it up to my computers 5.1 creative labs surround. It looks awesome and gets LOUD.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Instead of buying a blue ray, go for ps3 instead. I can stream dowloaded music and movies wireless from my computer to my ps3 downstairs, and the bluetooth remote is awesom. no worries about the dog getting in the way of the ir. heck you can even order a pizza with your ps3. It was a truly worth while upgradw to my home theatre system.

·
Banned
5,315 Posts
Instead of buying a blue ray, go for ps3 instead. I can stream dowloaded music and movies wireless from my computer to my ps3 downstairs, and the bluetooth remote is awesom. no worries about the dog getting in the way of the ir. heck you can even order a pizza with your ps3. It was a truly worth while upgradw to my home theatre system.
I can stream music and movies from my computer to my 360.. I got an amazing deal on my blu ray, and none of my friends have ps3's they all have 360's so I bought one so I could play online with them.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
id have to measure it at 16' i can get u to around 110'', i buddy has same one and he had is projeting a 25' screen outdoors but i dont know how far back he had it

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Anyone got those .pdf plans for taking a small TV and after a little DIY you have a rear projection big screen TV? I'd be interested in knowing what's in there... and I have a small TV I wouldn't mind using.

·
Banned
5,315 Posts
I've done it before with my 13" It reverses and flips the picture.. and its pretty darn fuzzy... I have read that you can get it to be clear, but I couldn't get mine clear.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have an older 32" tube TV, but I do have a 5 disc DVD changer with surround sound for the movies and the PS2......the DVD player is 1080 upconverting, so I need to get an HDTV at some point to take advantage of that......slow to buy new stuff. :tongue2:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
32" Sony Bravia HD LCD here... which is still way too much TV considering how little we use it.

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
1980's zenith floor model that swivels in den, and 1980's ge floor model with the huge wooden shell around it in living room. oh, and no cable...just rabbit ears.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
32" Sanyo boob tube still works no need to spend more $, Pioneer receiver and dual tape deck, Bose acoustimass 3's hidden behind the cd/dvd holder on entertainment stand invisible and loud, room filling sound, oh yeah the surround is just dolby pro logic..again works fine... has for 12 years, I had sony surrounds and center channel hooked up but haven't rehooked since i moved the tv to a new spot.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts