Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all.Just thought i would try out this forum thing.I'm a married father of a 1 year old little girl who in the past few years moved to the Georgia Mountains.For my daughters birthday we got a Jack Russel puppy named Poncho Villa.Well,last week Poncho Needed to go out around 10pm.As I was standing there in my drawers,The biggest Coyote I've ever seen came up on Poncho mid expulsion.I ran up and snatched The dog and ran into the house to get my little Mossberg 702 plinkster.When I got back outside I noticed there were 3 coyotes in my driveway.I fired off a few rounds but nothing stuck.the next day my wife suggested that we get a handgun to keep around J.I.C.

I headed to the local gun store to see what was available.Needless to say Most of the ones I really liked were a bit more than what I could(wanted to) spend.Toward the end of the display case were a couple of large black,well,what seemed to be bricks.An older gentleman noticed What I was looking at and said.."Your better off with a baseball bat then one of those POS.""Wait a minute"said the guy behind me."I got one a'them,never let me down yet...shoooot"

The next thing I know I'm in the middle of an argument about HIPOINT firearms...HIPOINT firearms?I had never heard of this brand.The guy who came to their defence offered to let me shoot his C9 there at the range and let me judge for myself.

After about 150+ rounds,I was sold.I liked the feel,weight,recoil,balance and the fact that it didn't jam once.As I was at the counter doing the old background check,The nice fella' who let me shoot his gun,Bobby Ray,Stated that the reason he came to the gun shop was to pick up his new 995ts...Now that looked like it would take care of some BIDNIZ!!!

The shop owner says "For the price of that Glock you were looking at,I'll sell ya the 9 and the carbine"...$450.00 later I'm killing water melons in my back yard with Bobby.So now thanks to HIPOINT,I'm happy-the wifes happy-Poncos happy and Old bobby won't leave my house.Thanks HIPOINT!

·
Premium Member
10,372 Posts
:welcome:
They are addicting! And it sounds like you caught the bug!

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
:welcome: from Alabama

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
:welcome: from Ohio

Sounds like you now have several new friends that won't be leaving anytime soon!! ^-^

·
Registered
851 Posts
:welcome: from Ohio! Congrats on the new purchases. Glad to hear your pleased with Hi-Point. There are some great people here to help you with any questions you may have about these under rated firearms.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome! New here also.

Bought a 9mm on Sept 28th for my 21st b-day. Put around 75 rounds through it and it shot flawlessly.

Dad bought a Kel-Tec p11 on the same day and was trying to get me to trade him (I had to throw in alittle cash) for the Hi-Point after we went shooting.

Told him now, I'm happy with what I got :D

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Welcome to the forum from TN. You've got all you need to clean out the yote problem!

·
Premium Member
10,372 Posts
Welcome! New here also.

Bought a 9mm on Sept 28th for my 21st b-day. Put around 75 rounds through it and it shot flawlessly.

Dad bought a Kel-Tec p11 on the same day and was trying to get me to trade him (I had to throw in alittle cash) for the Hi-Point after we went shooting.

look around and have fun.
EDIT: I can't spell.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome! New here also.

looks around and have fun.
Thanks man!

·
Banned
3,707 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: One for BangSplatThud and one for cddolphin from Wyoming

1 - 17 of 17 Posts