Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone remember when congress was chewing out the CEO's of the auto industry for flying in private jet? Check this out!

House Orders Three Jets
"Last year, lawmakers excoriated the CEOs of the Big Three automakers for traveling to Washington, D.C., by private jet to attend a hearing about a possible bailout of their companies," Roll Call reports.

"But apparently Congress is not philosophically averse to private air travel: At the end of July, the House approved nearly $200 million for the Air Force to buy three elite Gulfstream jets for ferrying top government officials and Members of Congress."

The Air Force had asked for one jet as part of an upgrade program, but the House Appropriations Committee added two more at its own discretion.

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2...source=direct-pwire.us&utm_content=site-basic

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yeah I read this today and just wanted to kick somebody is the pie eye.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Wow are they trying to get the Air Force to look dirty too?

·
Registered
602 Posts
I get pissed when I look at stuff like that because the spending committee can push crap like this through, but money for things like "Military Training" and "Medical SUpplies for combat hospitals" and actual real world important crap gets decided on by the freakin GSA, whose head is a political apointee! Someone who doesn't have to have ANY credentials to get appointed to that post.

It's *ss backwards! And it has real potential to be the cause that American Warfighters to get killed.

Eventually, you do have to update aircraft to new models.

But Gulfstreams are NOT required. They could have and should have purchased Surplus freaking Regional Jets from Current Airlines who are selling parts of their fleet. For the cost of 1 gulf stream they could have bought 3 used RJ's. Cause alot of RJ's are just sitting around. Not being flown. And they are cheaper to maintain than a Gulf Stream.

And adding 2 more just because you can shows you are more concerned with your own level of luxury. It's just pure greed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.