How about a .44 mag...?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Meatcleaver, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Meatcleaver

Meatcleaver Guest

What you all think about a .44 mag version?

Pro's:

1. Knock down power.
    2. Deer Hunters might by them.Would make a great bush/stalking gun.
    3. Give Ruger a run for their money.

2. Due to the blowback design of Hi-Point products, the weapon would weigh more due to the larger caliber.

I'd buy one though.

3. Meatcleaver

Meatcleaver Guest

weight incress is to be expected..but i can't weigh any more than the 30-06 i just got rid of !!

4. I think it'd be a good idea for a .44 magnum Hipoint carbine... or even a .357 magnum version.

5. Naked_Snake

Naked_Snake Guest

Why would you use blowback for such a large round? Obviously, you'd have to start with a different design from the ground up. Also, feeding rimmed rounds, though not impossible, is quite difficult in a semi-automatic.

6. mosinatic

mosinatic Member

could possibly use the 44 auto mag or the 357 sig

7. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

Now REALLY Folks They [Hi Point ] can not even keep up NOW with what calibers and weapons they do make HOW are they gonna reman for ANY new caliber?

Everyone who keeps harpin on new and different calibers MUST ubderstand it takes time and new designs to do this

8. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

thats where 357 SIG makes sense. all the components of the 40 cal guns work, all you have to change is teh barrel and springs.

SW