Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should be nothing more then changing the barrel.
The bolt face, and mag should work great, and at $80 for 1000 rds, that would really be some cheap shooting.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
The bolt face, and mag should work great, and at $80 for 1000 rds, that would really be some cheap shooting.
Barrel, no problem. Bolt face, no problem. Carbine works fine with .40 S&W, blow-back operation should be no problem using (much) lighter bullet at higher velocity. Magazine is a no-go; the over-all length of the cartridge is too long. The magazine, pistol grip, and maybe the action itself would have to be re-engineered, so pretty much a whole new rifle is needed.

OAL 9X19=~1.12"
OAL .40=1.125"
OAL 7.62X25=1.381"

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
It would be a nice carbine though. I have a CZ52 and I know that the 7.62x25 is a hot little round.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
It would be a nice carbine though. I have a CZ52 and I know that the 7.62x25 is a hot little round.
Very true. If such a carbine were released, I'd be ordering one ASAP! I also think re-engineering for this caliber is much more possible than the 7.62X39 / .44 mag (whichever one) / .50 AE / .223 people keep asking for without thinking about the fact that an entirely different design is needed.

HP builds simple, inexpensive blow-back carbines. The (hopefully) soon-to-be-released 4595 fits into that category. The 7.62X25 would as well. And, since we don't yet know how much engineering change went into the 4595, we don't yet know if there's any future possibilities for other calibers yet.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
I really don't see Hi Point coming out with a lot more different calibers. They have a hard time keeping up production with the ones they are putting out now.

Still, it would be nice. I would buy one of them over the 4595.

Sorry guys, I know that is sacrilege, but I had a tommy gun look a like years ago, and they are fun and all but been there done that with a 30 rd stick mag, so the 4595 really doesn't have any advantage over my 4095

·
Registered
591 Posts
Where are you getting 1000/$80? All I have seen is the 1224 cans for $120+ shipping.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh well, I might wrong on the price, I thought that's what it was the last time I looked.

I thought the mag would work? I know the 9 works in the 7.62x25.

·
Registered
772 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
It would be cool. I'd buy one. I think that 7.62x25 would be a kick ass carbine round. Of course it falls into the Hi Point is never going to do it category. Somebody would have to do it on their own somehow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts