How About them BUCKEYES!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MachoMelvin, Jan 3, 2015.

1. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Nope. Oregon will be too much for the BuggEyes :D

Just my prediction, but I think this is the
    "Year of the Duck"

No offense, I'm usually a Big Ten supporter...

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

The Buckeyes are like Hi Points, they bring out the HATERS in everybody!!!!

Must be an OH-IO THING?

3. undeRGRound

INDY
    Well, I think 'Bama was flat out-coached! I did not think OSU (with the QB problems) could hang, but there is not a huge difference in the programs, IMO. I'd still give Alabama the edge if they played again, but that won't happen. Props to OSU for the win :D

4. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Saban coached a horrible game.... The sob couldn't have coached like that when MU played em.. What a jackwagon

5. Back2School

Back2School Member

All I got to say is no SEC. 4 team playoff is still bad but better.
    If CFB was still treated like a beauty contest and voted on like last year and before, it would have been FSU vs Bama with Bama most likely winning. This years results call into question every CFB championship prior to this year. At least in my mind.

6. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Except Urban gave them a chance by throwing on first down in the Buckeyes last possession, I was like WTF?

Go Bucks, I think it will be a very tough game to keep up with Oregon, but the ducks defense isn't that great, they just score a bunch of points. I think it will be another good game.

7. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Of course, any quality team can win given the chance and not "elected" champion. College football is about a lot about emotion and stepping up and making plays when the heat is on as much as anything.

8. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

I thought it was about trying to get noticed by the scouts for the NFL

9. MachoMelvin

I watched the TCU game the other night & they didn't have 20,000 people there. These bowl games are on to make $$$. If a school has the best team in the country & nobody will travel to see them, then why lose $$$ putting them on the field?

10. undeRGRound

INDY

A LOT to like in this post, B2S! It seemed to me that it was set up for an Alabama-FSU title game, Wasn't FSU 4th in one late poll of the "committee" for this final 4 team playoff? I think they had FSU and Bama in opposite games "just in case" they won out. You are right, in ANY OTHER YEAR, that would have been your FBS Championship Game. I like, no, LOVE this new format, and can't wait for an 8 team playoff. But that will be enough. Or they could do a 6 team playoff, like the AFC/NFC playoff brackets... :cool:

11. EvilE424

EvilE424 Death to Dishonor Lifetime Supporter

Almost was a duck so that's who my $ will be on.

12. undeRGRound

INDY
    Bucks vs. Ducks for all the marbles! :D

13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I've liked Meyer since he whipped Utah into shape, glad he finally got tired of being a warden and dealing with the criminals..I mean the players and fans...in Florida.:p

I was happy he beat 'Bama, (SCREW the SEC and that "power conference" BS they sold everyone), but he doesn't stand a chance against the Ducks.

The good news is, his offense will gets lots of chances, because his D won't be on the field for long. Often, but not for long.;)

Speaking of OU...what was the deal with FSU? I still say they shouldn't have been in the top 5, much less top 4.

And Oregon basically proved that.:cool:

I'm certain Baylor or TCU would have been a much better opponent. Not that they could have stopped the Ducks, either, I mean, Baylor couldn't even stop Michigan State, but it could have been fun seeing Green on Green..:p

So the only question now is...what's the spread?:)

14. panoz77

panoz77 Member

I think the Bucks will make it a tough game for Oregon. No one gave them a chance against Bama. What you have to remember is that any team can have a bad game, it all comes down to who makes the plays and doesn't make mistakes.

15. MachoMelvin

I'm hearing Oregon by 12?

We like those odds!!!

Makes OSU feel like Hi Points?

16. Back2School

Back2School Member

ok, I am going to put my thoughts out there on how I would like to see CFB go ahead.

I think they need to go to 4 - 16 team super conferences and break up the Big 12. I hate that since I am squarely in Big 8 country (I wish there was still a Big 8 4-5 hour drive to EVERY game!)

1. Full round robin (like Big 12 now) in division with 2 conference crossover games and 3 OOC games.
    2. Division winners play division winners in Conference championship game (1st round playoffs)
    3. Conference winners play other conference winners for 2nd round playoffs. 4 teams like today.
    4. Playoff winners go to CFG.

No extra games over today and everything won on the field. NO voting.

17. panoz77

panoz77 Member

They still have to rank teams. What about conference co-champions?

1-AA simply did a 16 team playoff. This 4 team playoff is a good fit with the 1A bowl system.

18. Back2School

Back2School Member

Rank yes. Vote no. Ranking would be like divisions do now. Record than head to head than a third tie breaker. Maybe score variance.

But absolutely no subjective voting with the expectation anyone watches every game.

If you wanna claim your division is so good it should have 2 teams in. like the sec west this year that went 2-5. In bowls (and all the supposed good teams lost), you can try to change divisions if someone well swap with ya.

End of story, win it on the field