Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm a new shooter, so my personal accuracy isn't very good, but I'd like to compare notes with my fellow h-p shooters. I can group shots within 5" and I've probably only fired 300 or so rounds in my life. Of course, not every shot is perfect, I'm definitely flinching or something and tend to send some shots slightly to the upper left. But the question remains, how accurate is your Hi-Point?

·
Banned
401 Posts
Well depending on the distance, you seem to be doing pretty good, I can normally shoot 5 inch groups at 20 yards standing offhand and shooting, I can tighten a bit if I am on a bench at 20 yards, but based on your description, you seem to be doing okay.

Dp

·
Registered
222 Posts
That's pretty good especially with little experience. At 8 or 10 yards I can keep 7 of 8 rounds inside of the 1" central bullseye. That's pretty good IMO. The 8th round isn't usually far off. I am pretty much a rifle man but have been honing my handgun skills recently. I never did quite that well before. I think it had something to do with the new purchase of a C9. Am very pleased with it. I expect it to keep shooting well so that I can.

·
Registered
235 Posts
JHP 230 WWB 2 1/2" @ 25 yrds
.380 comp 95 WWB 5" @ 25 yrds

Most accurate loads I could find for both, both groups shot from a good rest of course.
Must agree with the others, they shoot a hell of a lot better than I can.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet! This is the impression I've gotten so far.

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am different from everybody else it seems. I don't expect accuracy from a handgun. Rifle yes, handgun no. My hp stays within a torso sized piece of paper and it doesnt matter if its 10 feet or 50. That really is good enough for me.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have this mental image of managing to hit someone in the shoulders and arms ten times with my "pepperbox" accuracy and never dot the die in the center, leaving this angry mutant to fail at me with blood arms until I drown.

So I practice on head sized targets.

·
Registered
222 Posts
LOL It never hurts to parctice. I prefer a rifle but it's not always practical in CQ, so I try to improve regularly. 15 years ago I would have been lucky to hit a pop can at 10 feet with a handgun. Strange thing is I'm better with no scope on a rifle.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Bear in mind accuracy is a combination of weapon, ammo, distance, elevation and weather as well as the the shooter. Another point to consider is that it's 'easy' to be accurate on the range but how will I respond when faced with "the bad guy"? This is where I believe repetition on the range comes into play. Muscle/mental memory.

All I know is that if a bad guy comes into my home he'll be facing a guy that has a C9, .380 and .22 with 14 loaded clips and can hit targets at 30' with reasonable accuracy, lol!!!!!!! http://s378.photobucket.com/albums/oo226/white_russian2/?action=view&current=HPIM1796.jpg

Best - Craig

·
Registered
222 Posts
Pretty good shootin' WR2

·
Registered
256 Posts
Pretty good shootin' WR2
Thanks. That's an old pic. I've shot another 1,000 rounds since and have improved by at least an 8th inch, lol.

Actually, that pic is a subtle joke although it's authentic from the range. Aces and eights - the dead man's hand.

Cheers - WR2

·
Registered
663 Posts
Well it is not as accurate as my Springfield 1911, Walther P99 or Astra A100, but it is for some unknown reason more accurate than my XD9mm.
:cantlook: Still have not figure it out. But my HP is more than accurate enough at defensive ranges.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Well, my C9 will hit the target every time but me, I have trouble. Seems I can hit all around a 8 1/2 x 11 target without causing any damage LOL Shooting a short barreled pistol is sure different than shooting a long nose revolver. But to be fair, I have only put a couple hundred rounds through it and have been more interested in break-in than accuracy. Geez I hope the weather breaks here soon. Records in snow fall this year. 150" so far and still more coming. Hard to get to the range. I know me and the gun can do better if only we could play together more.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.