How bad is my C9

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by SecaRob, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Thoughts on the attached? This is about 175 rounds after I received it back from the factory. Shooting cheap Federal and nothing else.

Total round count is just under 1,400 rounds

I own 4 other pistols and none of them look like this on the bottom. Does it need to head back to mom?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  2. There are no slide rails on a high point handgun. The slide operates totally on the dolls head and the slide riding the barrel. It just appears your slide is riding/rubbing on the frame, which should not affect it. This is the same thing as the peening marks on a glock slide, they show up after being shot, but then reach a point where they wear no more.

3. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

I'd put a teeny bit of synth grease on those shiny bits and not worry about it. ;)

4. rickm

rickm Member

Ok was it like that when u sent it in if so then more than likely it is ok since MOM goes over it with a fine tooth comb and replaces anything and everything that looks out of place or worn if not then like Walkingwolf says just wear marks off the new parts they already replaced and will be fine just add some lube to it.

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    The cracks in the pieces along the firing pin channel concern me a bit. You might email mom with that pic and see what they say.

6. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I don't have a HP handgun so, I am just playing the devils advocate. But one of the rails along the firing pin channel looks broken not just cracked. I agree with ajole, I would have that checked out, can't believe that is common. If I had a semi-auto hand gun with that much wear after 1400 rds, it would be back to the Mfr or junked.

7. Thanks for the replies. Does anyone have an email address for MOM?

8. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

That bottom rail on the firing pin channel is broken.
    Send it back in and you'll get a new gun back.
    And that's why you have a Hi Point, life time unlimited warranty.

9. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Well at least a new slide.

10. "Bump" for an email address for MOM

11. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

12. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

Fwiw mine was polished like that new from the factory.

13. An update. I have spoken with Hi-point 3 times now and each time they instructed me to send the pictures to them and "Ron" would give me a call.
    I have sent the pictures 4 times now and messaged them several times on facebook and yet Ron has not gotten back to me.

A very different experience this time as compared to last time.

Lousy customer service this time

14. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Quit beating about the bush and mail it in.
    There's a crack in the firing pin channel rail or whatever it's called.
    I'm sorry you didn't get a reply but they probably get hundreds and hundreds of emails and phone calls a day.
    Send it and it will be fixed, promise.

15. So no problems sending it in without them anticipating it? I'll box it up and send it to them

thanks

16. have that picture printed and send it with the gun.

17. Shipped it out on the 13th. It came back to me on the 23rd with a new slide, firing pin and spring. Also says they reamed the chamber. They also included a new magazine, ghost sight, lock and tool

Very fast turnaround and very good service

18. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

You just saved yourself a painful lesson and your firearm from a KABOOM when you inspected it and then asked your question.
    Have fun breaking it in.