1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOW BIG IS WALMART?
>
>
> 1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart every hour of
> every day.
>
> 2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
>
> 3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to
> St.Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all
> year.
>
> 4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +
> Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
>
> 5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest
> private employer. And most can't speak English
>
> 6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the
> World.
>
> 7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway
> combined, and keep in mind they did this in only 15 years.
>
> 8. During this same period, 31 Supermarket chains sought
> bankruptcy (including Winn-Dixie).
>
> 9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other
> store in the world.
>
> 10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which
> 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had 5
> years ago.
>
> 11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences
> will occur at a Wal-Mart store.
> (Earth's population is approximately 6.5
> billion.)
>
> 12. 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart

and guess what, they still didn't have any .45acp rounds today.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Can't help but wonder if all of them stats are true. Wally is impressively huge no doubt but is it really that big? Probably! And they still had no 9mm or .22 bulk at mine today, lol.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm doubting some of those stats also. I would need to see some verifiable proof. "Most employees don't speak
English" I find that very hard to believe.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Buckeye, you must not have been in a Wal Mart lately........ In mine, even the white, young employees speaking English, don't sound like it !!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

G

·
In this part of PA most of the wally world employees speak english but they have been sold out of all handgun round for weeks

·
Registered
850 Posts
I would believe all of that. Also I was in my Walmart randomly today and they had a lot of Blazer Brass in 9mm. They were keeping them of the shelves though because there were a couple of guys that had been going in and buying it all. They had bulk Remington UMC in .40 too but I didn't have enough money with me.

·
Banned
401 Posts
I don't understand them keeping off the shelf, why would Wal Mart care if one person bought it all at one time, they are in the business to sell products, I wouldn't think they would care who bought what or how much they bought..

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I'm doubting some of those stats also. I would need to see some verifiable proof. "Most employees don't speak
English" I find that very hard to believe.
Might want to ask Primal about this but when I was in Alb it seemed more people at Wally World were not English speakers.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for adding the link strangeous...

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
thanks for adding the link strangeous...
I'll either post a link confirming the claim or blowing it out of the water... with that said, click on it and see if it's true!

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
I just looked, and yep, it's true. All of it. My only question is how the hell is wal-mart stock still so cheap when it grosses so much money every year?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just looked, and yep, it's true. All of it. My only question is how the hell is wal-mart stock still so cheap when it grosses so much money every year?
that is a very good question. maybe investing buying stocks from wally world is worth looking at. they are going strong even in this tough economy.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Soon Wal-Mart will be our Master and we her slave for all time, it's time to grab the pitch forks and tourches my friends and kill the beast
8)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts