How bout a longer barrel

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by 2TX111Buzzard, Jan 8, 2008.

1. :idea: I haven't read all the suggestions so forgive me if this has been said B4. I live in wis. and would like to use my 40 to hunt deer but we have this stupid law about needing a 5.5" barrel so I was wondering if it was possible to produce a longer replacement barrel. That would be real cool!!!!

2. Bandit320

Bandit320 Member

On the 2008 Shot Show web site the Hi-Point page says they are going to introduce 40 and 45 "Hunter" pistols. Glockman said that they were going to have longer barrels and scope mounts. Hope that helps,

Mike

http://hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=381&highlight=

3. GlockMan

GlockMan Member

They will have a hunter model shortly.

4. Bandit320

Bandit320 Member

Any Details? I was thinking about getting a Saiga, but depending on the configuration, this could be tempting instead.

Mike

5. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

mm Hunter model.. 7" barrel i hope.. weaver rails..finger notches in the grip, balanced nicely with a purdy finish on them.. maybe camo..

6. Scriz

Scriz Guest

Says;

"NEW .45 ACP carbine. 2 New firearms: .45 ACP and 40 cal Hunter pistols."

What exactly is a "hunter pistol"?

7. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

I hope that the scope mount isnt on the slide! If it was then it would have to be one scope built like a brick $hit house... going back and forth like that isn't what scopes are designed to do.