How can we help LEO's

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by monsterdawg, Sep 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

What can a civillian do to help law enforcement, particularly in times like these, where it seems LEO's are being targetted? What do police departments and officers need that they don't have? What can I ask my local and state reps and governor to do or provide?

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Don't shoot them. I'm sure that will help.

3. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Move to this side of the state MD.... Little saner!

4. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

It just hasn't erupted there Brother! You will get your turn to have it near you. There has to be ways to help police and first responders, but I don't know what they are.

5. ekim

ekim Member

I think the only ones that can help the LEO's are the LEO's. The law makers have created a situation that can not be met and the leo's have tried to do something that can't be done with the current legal system. That and to many leo's turn a blind eye to bad / illegal things that are done by fellow cops. Say what you will but the black community believes they are being targeted (right or wrongly) and "some" have a point. The idea that bigger guns and military type equipment means better policing is BS and that just because you wear a uniform and have a law saying it's right doesn't mean you should always push it in someones face. Leo's need to stop and think sometimes before following some laws / orders. IMO, the biggest problem is the law makers and the VERY poor legal system called the court system (judges) and the garbage they call lawyers on both sides of the court room!

But the shooting of cops by these bad guys is not going to fix they're problems either, as the police will have no choice but to come down very hard on the stupid bad guys doing the shooting.

6. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

I agree with your second sentence. The rest is a direction I was hoping this would not go and hope people don't waste time responding to. I would like this thread to be about things that can be done by people like me.

7. Maybe being 'another set of eyes' for them is the best thing one could do. This has been posted on other forum and that is were I got it from.

8. It seem that it is random, and mostly isolated when no one is around. It starting to be like Nam you don't know who the enemy is as they look like the good guys. The cop killed in Illinois today was done by 1 black guy and 2 white guys .... Crazy

9. Bull

MD, The only thing I think will solve the problem is the people's determination to not let trash of the ilk that has thrived on this behavior, go unchecked and unpunished..... I think KC has avoided some of the Ferguson type fallout because the outlying burbs are considerably more rural and intolerant of this BS.... The outlying towns don't play along with the games so much....

10. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

That's right. I forgot. KC is a cowtown, unlike the refined cosmopolitan city that is St. Louis!

11. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I knew you couldn't resist that. Thank you for the help.

12. The most important thing you can do is not break the law, stay healthy, and follow safety rules. That should cover police, fire fighters, and paramedics.

13. You pay taxes for police protection don't you MD? I know I do.My city even has a millage/tax dedicated solely to police/fire protection.It doesn't go into the general city fund/budget.Our police have a Union and are compensated fairly through bargaining.I know they have a demanding job,but so do I.And I don't have a Union to back me up.
    I get slammed every week on my take home pay.The gross looks decent.But after Federal,State,County,Local, taxes,let alone the sales tax for every purchase.,I'm just about taxed OUT.I'm always grateful for our local police and firefighters.I just don't know what else I can do to help them out.
    Other than a Hi,a handshake,thank you and a little common camaraderie between Citizen and LEO when seeing them at the donut shop. :)

14. Bull

Riiiiiiight.... We have bonfires and cookouts, not burning Quickymarts and looted Twinkies!... ;p

15. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I always slow down when I see a traffic stop.
    Sounds super goofy I know, but just in case the officer needs help.
    I've read several stories of civilians coming to the aid of cops getting the snot beat out of them.
    I've read several cases of CCW helping out cops.
    No intention of being a hero or wannabe.
    Just a concerned citizen if you will.

16. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Slow and if possible change lanes away from the cop and give him room, to many have been hit by gawkers in Minnesota. I wave to them, I rarely speed and am not worried about tickets so why not be friendly. I talk to them when I see them in a store or at a gas station. They need a reminder it isn't them against all of us, it is them against a very small percentage of people who think they are above the laws of this country(and I am not talking about our legislators, that is a whole different topic!).

17. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

What???? You got something against STEAK? :confused:

[​IMG]

18. We have the BEST Troopers in all of the 50 States.Michigan.I drive a delivery truck daily and I've seen it all after 20 years.Accidents and the carnage.Lots of sadness.But the MSP are always there to help and very professional.Even in the Winter,when it gets pretty crazy up here,with whiteouts and drifts..They are the USA's BEST.

19. ekim

ekim Member

And what direction do you want it to go. The general public didn't create the problem I don't believe and no one can say that some of the leo actions have been questionable. I admit that many of the problems are because of stupid laws being passed and thus forcing the police to enforce said stupid laws, but we also know that police don't always enforce all laws equally, so that isn't the whole problem either. But then we have people that bring up a part of the issue that most don't like and right away some figure you are anti police and respond in kind. Lets debate what to do to fix the problem just don't talk about all the problem, right. And this isn't just in response to you MD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.