How did you pick your call sign?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Browning 9 Guy, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Browning 9 Guy

Browning 9 Guy Premium Supporter Member

I'm Browning 9 cause 380 ACP is my favorite pistol caliber. It's usually pocketable, compact and packs a punch at usual self defense range. Tnoutdoors9 has an excellent vid on 380 penetration. Ball ammo went thru denim + 12 inches of gel and then some.

How did you choose yours?

2. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

My "call sign" was assigned to me by the Department.... my board name I use of "FlashBang" was given to me for my propensity to toss flash bangs, and for a small incident where I fumbled one and dropped it on my own friendlies. :)

3. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I went through a spell at work where I broke or bent a bunch of stuff that wasn't supposed to do either...

4. My forum name is my ham radio call sign that was issued to me by the FCC

5. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I have had the nickname tallbump for like 15 years. it was easy. It's been used on numerous fourms LOL

6. GLUGLUG

GLUGLUG Supporting Member

NC
    I drink, a lot and quickly.

7. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

:dunno: :confused:

Uhhh...I don't get it

8. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Its one of or dogs name. Used it cause it was easy to remember and use it on other forums

9. My name is Ezra so when I have to be around idiots that cannot pronounce "Ez-ruh" I go by "E.Z." to make it easy for them.

10. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Mine is an easy one.

11. Because I've almost always had a beard and longer hair. Dad always called me a hippie. My reply was that I was a grumpy hippie.

12. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I like to think of the consequences of my actions before I act. I don't always maintain that level of discipline, but I strive to achieve it.

13. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1421565216.274294.jpg .........

14. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I don't use my old call sign for my forum handle. My call signs varied per my assignment. "God", "ferret", etc. Once I had the experience to designate I learned TacOps called the shots anyways.

Rachgier is ancient German for thirst for vengeance. Take that for what you will.

15. Fracman

Fracman Member

I Frac and I am a man = Fracman

16. spent the better part of a decade as a brazer and I used a large tip to push out some serious b.t.u. so I could "blaze" through my work.......... blazinbrazer

17. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

It's my last name. I've also been called that for other reasons.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  18. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    KLuTZ!:D

Ever hear of OPSEC? ;)

That's all well and good, but I'd rather have you define THIS:
    :D

As for mine, I was unjustly banned from a website as RGR and noticed that the word "undeRGRound" neatly contained my old sn, so I created a troll account and got back in :D
    The place that had some grounds for a ban, never did. Funny how "justice" is rarely "just" :rolleyes:

19. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I thought we covered that before? It stems from back when we had an offsite chat room and several members started nicknaming people. My particular brand of humor reminded them of Jeff Dunham.

20. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Mine is easy my name is Steve and I live in Plano. Not very creative but easy to remember. Sitting in the NOLA airport and it is full of hung over people.