Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With home invasions and such on the rise I have been having a hard time finding a comfortable way to keep my handgun on me without toting it around from place to place then inevitably leaving it in one room when I go to another. I finally found my solution, the Galco Cop 3-Slot belt holster. I find it too bulky to wear with summer clothes but if I use the top slot to angle it forward I can sit or recline comfortably in any position with a good draw. How do you carry when you are at home?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I carry my Kel-Tec PF-9 in a Blackhawk! nylon inside-the-pants holster (#5 size). It has a plastic clip that slides over the waistband of my pants/shorts, and it is so comfortable, I barely know it is there.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I carry my Bersa 380 in a Fobus paddle holster while I'm at home or out in the yard. You just never know.... Oh, and slip it in my golf bag too.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
i usually carry my g17 with me all the time and 1911 when am wearing a suit. it so happens that i have the C9 and JA nine out for cleaning (cleaning over clean) just a moment ago, i do this once a week to all my guns, so i put it in the holster that i was wearing just to show you.

Hi Point C9

JA 9mm

·
Registered
398 Posts
My C9 in a Uncle Mikes ambi holster..left or right side..on the right side..open carry.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
My rig is basically like 556's rig but with a retaining strap.
Yes, it does get in the way sometimes but I carry at home just because of the reason you stated. Home invasions are on the rise & strong arm robberies can happen anywhere, even on your front lawn while your picking tomatoes from your garden in broad daylight.

Loopster said: small apartment. weapon less than 10 feet away from any place I stand in it.

Got a gun in the can while your taking a dump?
Is the robber in your way to get to your gun?
Can the robber get to your gun & grab it before you do?

I carry mine with me, that way I have it when I need it.
I hate the fact that I have to put my gun on my dresser 10 feet away from me while I sleep. Unfortunately I have no closer place to put it except under the mattress & I don't want to do that. On the bright side I have 2 dogs to bark up a storm & warn me & the bedroom window is too high off the ground for easy access.

We all have to go through a little discomfort in one way or another to be able to carry a gun. There are dozens of stories out there about home break-ins. The ones that scare me the most are the ones that say "I heard the door being broken in & I ran to my bedroom to get my gun."
These stories could end in catastrophe should the BG get inside & to his/her family members before they "get to their gun." So do you shoot now when your spouse or children are in the line of fire? Do you think the BG will not shoot at you while using your family as human shields?
"If I only had my gun with me when it happened." This is not something you want to ever have to think about latter. It has in fact destroyed some peoples fragile minds.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Alright I feel I need to have a say in this. I am constantly being called paranoid for answering the door with my pistol behind my back, having it by me when nobody is home, and having it with me downstairs at night when everybody is sleeping. However, you guys, especially with some of the things I've read in other places on these forums, are beginning to scare me with your paranoia. There is a point when your being safe and a point where you are being WAY TOO paranoid. Now, all that being said, I am in NO way, shape, or form bashing any of you at all. I keep venomous snakes, do you guys have any idea how many times I've been called nuts? :blink: I'm just putting in my personal opinion. :angel: Not trying to tell any of you to stop carrying in your home, but man some of you guys are paranoid. :D

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
I get up in the morning and strap it on. HK 9mm in a Comp-Tac Minotaur leather and kydex rig. It's on me whether I'm just hanging around the house or out and about. It comes off when I lie down at night.

Why bother with not having your piece on you when you need it? Your chances of something going down when you're at home are just as good, or better, than being mugged while shopping. Read some of the 'true accounts' in any gun magazine; at least half of them happen while folks are in their own homes. Plus, if it's on me, I know nobody's messing with it.

-'bridge

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
However, you guys, especially with some of the things I've read in other places on these forums, are beginning to scare me with your paranoia. There is a point when your being safe and a point where you are being WAY TOO paranoid. Now, all that being said, I am in NO way, shape, or form bashing any of you at all.
The way I look at it, if I carry at home, or look over my shoulder when walking down the street at night, or try to be aware of my surroundings with respect to possible ambush points or available cover, then you might call me paranoid. But if or when something does happen, and I am able to react properly because I took the time to train myself how to respond to a situation, then it isn't called paranoia, it is called preparedness.

I feel that if you want something to become second nature, you have to do it on a consistent basis, and carrying at home, to me at least, is something I can do to make my gun become an extension of myself... become one with the gun! :)

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I cant carry at home, small children and the wife would have a fit. Yeah I know, all the more reason to, but tell that to the wife. It is easily accessible to me though.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I have a gun in each room(none in the bathroom, yet) so it's no problem for me. Still thinking about the bathroom, though..... :thinking:

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
I have a gun in each room(none in the bathroom, yet) so it's no problem for me. Still thinking about the bathroom, though..... :thinking:
Keep a pistol cleaning kit in your medicine cabinet or drawer and rotate which handguns you keep in your bathroom. You can clean and inspect 'em while doing your business. I routinely use bathroom time to field-strip and check the sidearm if there's no magazine or catalogues handy.

Who says guys can't multitask?

-'b

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
stonebridge, that's a GREAT idea!!! I'll make a little set up in there soon. :yes: ;)

·
Registered
315 Posts
When I'm home around the house.....inside or out, I use my DeSantis Pocket Holster and keep it in my front pants pocket.
This would be the PT25 / (Taraus .25). I have worn the PF9, but it does get in the way while doing jobs around the house and it is in a way difficult to manuver. The PT25 is small enough that I can get things done.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts