Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to dig back through the dark rooms.

I want to get a picture of what these forums discussed during the last 8 years of perfect conservative bliss that surely must have existed on here since the "Great Deciderer" was running capitalist nirvana.

But I'm only finding posts going back to October of 2008.

Is there some search function I overlooked? Or are these forums that new?

·
Registered
928 Posts
I've been trying to dig back through the dark rooms.

I want to get a picture of what these forums discussed during the last 8 years of perfect conservative bliss that surely must have existed on here since the "Great Deciderer" was running capitalist nirvana.

But I'm only finding posts going back to October of 2008.

Is there some search function I overlooked? Or are these forums that new?
What makes you think we thought Bush was so great? Stop assuming things, you don't know us half as good as you think you do.

The dark rooms are new to this forum, they have only been around for short period so your not going to find anything.

·
1,792 Posts
What do I have 2000+posts.

I been gone for a while and just started posting again. I asure you that these "DARK" rooms are from after the first of the yearor at least real close to that time frame.

And no people didnt live in conservative bliss.

As a matter of fact this forum had a strict no politics policy, You can even do a search on my posts from about a year ago and see for yourself how many threads I was in that got locked do to political differences.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
we changed forum software in 2008 sdo all the older posts/threads are unavailble for teh most part. we also had a forum known as teh Free fire zone in 2007. it was a debacle unmatched by anything else around here. we actually had a member advocate the genocide of an entire religious group simply because they didnt belive what he did. it ended up being deleted entirely and we went over a year with a zero tolerance policy for politics.

the dark rooms were put in place because the membership demanded a place to discuss such things. it wasnt an easy trasition and cost us members, moderators and an admin, not to mention much headache and discussion times.

For the most part this was a GUN forum in the past. it is only in the last years it has expanded into other realms due to the demands of its members. it was a place to discuss guns and shooting, and nothing else was allowed. i felt it was a more "homey" feeling place then. in our drive to satisfy the membership we lost some of that.

SW

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holy crap!!!

Yeah ok, I guess I can see the reasoning behind some changes then! :angel:

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
I wish the old crew was still around. I miss having my questions "Moogled." SW has taken up that mantle to some degree.

I'm afraid the good people at HiPoint would try to distance themselves from what this forum has become now.

But I'm still here.

Maybe we'll get back there when some people get bored and move on.

-'bridge

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
The way things are going since the certain left and certain atheists have been getting sand in their vajayjays, the dark rooms will be no more in a short time. Not going to put up with the smart-alec bullshat.

btw the forums are many years old.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
The way things are going since the certain left and certain atheists have been getting sand in their vajayjays, the dark rooms will be no more in a short time. Not going to put up with the smart-alec bullshat.

btw the forums are many years old.
This forum is old but the dark rooms are a new experiment that the administration decided to try out, in an effort to give the membership something that was asked for.

Some inconsiderate people, IMHO on both sides, are making a debacle of the attempt.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
I think the Dark Rooms are pointless. The whole no tolerance thing worked fine with me. You're always gonna get guys in here who think because they can talk like this or like that in here that they can do it on the main forums too. I personally don't want to be criticised or made fun of for my beliefs, choices, or whatever. I have mine and you have yours, and I respect them.

Give someone an inch and they'll take a mile.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
I think the Dark Rooms are pointless. The whole no tolerance thing worked fine with me. You're always gonna get guys in here who think because they can talk like this or like that in here that they can do it on the main forums too. I personally don't want to be criticised or made fun of for my beliefs, choices, or whatever. I have mine and you have yours, and I respect them.

for the most part, we have only taken an inch. only a couple have taken the mile....

but the nice thing is that you can stay out of the DR if you want to, though it would be nice if you could hit a button to ignore all DR topics on the unread posts tab.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts

for the most part, we have only taken an inch. only a couple have taken the mile....

but the nice thing is that you can stay out of the DR if you want to, though it would be nice if you could hit a button to ignore all DR topics on the unread posts tab.
Yes for the most part this forum is full of good guys with tons of knowledge who are very respectful of each other. Tons of guys here from different lifestyles and badkgrounds and for the most part we all get along.
But having said that one bad apple spoils the whole bunch. If one of two guys can't play fair and be nice, dont be surprised if they treat us like children and take away whatever it is thats causing the problem.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
The staff of HPFF is working hard on a solution to the "bad apples" that occasionally pop up and more so in the dark rooms. It is not the desire or intent of the staff to treat members as "children". The dark rooms are an area that members requested but are very difficult to moderate, as by definition, we try to leave them unmoderated. In some threads things have gotten out of hand due to the very nature of them being a lightly moderated area.

A modicum of civility and common sense will go a long way here as anywhere else.

PS: As this is in the dark rooms the views expressed are my own and not those of the staff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.