Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I shoot it... not any worse than WWB as far as I know none of it is corrosive.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I haven't used any of their pistol stuff, but all of the rifle stuff I've used is pretty good. Non-corrosive. Had 3 blown primers in the last year and a half,... ? Not a bad record overall. I've used a mix of black box, MC, FMJ, SP, HP,.. basically whatever was on sale.

I've started to get a little more picky in the last couple of months, I want to move all my rifles to an all SP diet.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Check out Aim Surplus they have Brown bear for under 8 bucks a box of 50!

I find it to be cleaner than Wolf and just as cheap!

·
1,792 Posts
A shoot a TON of wolf .223, .303, 7.62x39, 12 guage, 9mm, USED to shoot .40, And others.

I have never had a problem. I shoot loads of it as it is cheap however it is not my only ammo I use.

Good price decent performance.

·
Registered
235 Posts
My .45 will not eat it more than 2 or 3 @ a time without a problem, my Hi-Power 9mm will eat them all day. Could have been they were, Lord knows, how old.

G

·
Wolf is all I can afford for my AKs and SKS.
I have shot Wolf in my AR: dirty, yes, stinky, yes, but functioned. Only had one case stuck in it (was going through 4 diff shooters and ALOT of ammo that day)

·
Registered
974 Posts
My C9 doesn't shoot as well with Wolf as it does with other cheaper ammo (blazer, magtech etc). I've not had any jamming issues, but my shot groupings go from 2 inches to 4. I don't know if thats the ammo itself, or just me overreacting to the much larger muzzleflash.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My C9 doesnt like Wolf as good as WWB or Blazer Brass.Hicups some and shoots low.Now my Glock 19 eats it like candy and very accurate.Different ammo for different guns.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Wolf and Bulgarian ammo is all I use in my AK...mostly because I go through it so fast, why drop big bucks on better ammo? No complaints on my end whatsoever. I clean thoroughly after every range visit and the rifle doesn't seem any more dirty than one of my rifles eating a "better" ammo.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
I've been using Wolf ammo in my Makarovs for several years with no troubles. My CZ-75 does not like it, it goes bang but the bullet might hit a 6 inch circle at 20 yards. WWB groups less than 1.5 inches at the same range. I've found the pistol ammo isn't too dirty but, the rifle ammo is really cruddy.

Ron M.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
So yeah, I just called the store I get most of my ammo from and the other stuff I've been using is actually Yugoslavian, I believe it's a Mil-Surp item and goes for 4.65/box ; 7.62x39

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
the only wolf ive had problems with was copper wash 380 auto. woundt properly feed or function in any way. complete crap. other than that one occasion ive shot tens of thousnads of rounds of wolf in 7.62x39mm, 9mm and x54R with no prolbmes past a couple rounds with dud primers. not a bad track record overall id say.

SW

·
Registered
63 Posts
wolf and other russian ammo works well in aks. some other guns particularly non milspec ar15s can have trouble with it. I had a little trouble with in my 995, but none so far in my .45 hipoint. My glock loves the 9 mm.

G

·
I shot nothing but Wolf in my SKS & AK (both 7.62X39). Most of it was informal backyard pumpkin blasting and the like, but out of hundreds (if not thousands) of rounds, every one of them did what they were supposed to.

I *think* (not certain, though) that I used Wolf 9mm at least once, too. If I did, it also functioned flawlessly, as neither my CZ75B nor my Star Ultrastar ever malfunctioned.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts