Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 magazines, both Ive had for around 2 weeks, and both have been loaded to the max for that time. Both are also still having trouble feeding the first round without some assistance. I was wondering how long it usually takes for these things to work like they should? It seems to do it irregardless of whether the first round is a HP or FMJ.

G

·
I am having this very issue with my brand new C9, with the optional 10 round clip. It seems I almost have to "force" the slide back and forward to chamber the round. After the first round clears, no worries. It is almost as if there is too much upward force on the spring. If I only load 9, the slide moves very fluidily.

I am going to try usning the 8 round mags this weekend to see if there is a difference.

She is cleaned, oiled, and save for this initial loading issue, is a nice piece of iron. Should I be patient for the breakin, or is there something else going on?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I've had my mags loaded for about 2 weeks now (just got my C9 2 weeks ago), have't had a problem with chambering a round. Are ya'll locking the slide back, loading the mag, then releasing the slide? I have heard some say the mag lips may need a little tweak sometimes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i had mine loaded for a week in my new 10 round mag for my c9 ..... the first 3 would jam, so i lightly bent the top tabs out maybe .5mm and now i have no problems at all..... if it starts over feeding ill just bend them back in a bit.. 8)

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Mornin Boys,
This should help.
Note: If when you release the mag and it doesn't come out easy then you went to far, bend it back a lil,

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have two 10 rounders so far and it took probably a month sitting loaded and 3 or 4 cycles each before they stopped failing to feed. Oddly enough I usually failed on what'd be rounds 9 or 8 when fully loaded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts