Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been able, in the last few years, to really start increasing my collection of firearms. I had a wish list of guns that I wanted, ranging from military relics, deer rifles, competition shooters, cowboy revolvers, and semi auto's, etc... I'm not the paranoid type, but I wonder if having a large number of firearms may lift someone's eyebrows (big brother). I've never read of a limit on the amount, but I'd like some input from ya"ll here.

·
Registered
247 Posts
By as many as you like, or at least as many as you can reasonably afford. No reason not to.
Big brother? Well there is an extra form class one ffl dealers have to fill out and send in if you buy more than one pistol at a time. Also I think they have to send in a similar form if you purchase more than five guns at one time. If extra paperwork like that sets off your anti-big brother radar, don't buy that much all at once.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
I have an acquaintance that had to separate his because the basement was full. He put the machine guns and automatics into the garage along with ammunition. He found a bunch of ammunition he forgot he had. Cases, That's 14,400 rounds. To hear him talk, he could outfit an army. And still, has some money left over for food. How many is to many? He is still buying.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Oh, did I mention, he does supply an army? He is into battle reenactments and all the weapons have the barrels blocked. Had you going for a minute though didn't I? He is now looking for a troop transport from WW1

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I'd say you have too many when either the UN feels threatened by you, or they name you as a major world power.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am so glad to hear all that! I've ran out of room in the gun cabinet, and am in the process of remodeling a closet. I can put two tiers, bottom and top, with a shelf in the middle for pistols and menusha. THEN I'LL HAVE ROOM FOR MORE MOOOOREEE MOOOOOORE!!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
When they outnumber the number of QVC boxes my wife has in her sewing room. :cool2: :cool2:

Think I'm good for quite a while yet...
+1 to that !!!

One can never have enough. Everytime I think, na, don't need another, one jumps up and says take me home. And like Angelina, I do.... :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
I always find myself wishing I had more money to buy more guns. I've been eyeing Dragunovs for about six months wishing I had $900 to spend on a new gun. I haven't even got a 995 yet.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
I always find myself wishing I had more money to buy more guns. I've been eyeing Dragunovs for about six months wishing I had $900 to spend on a new gun. I haven't even got a 995 yet.
And that's the best answer yet: ALL the guns are too much when you want to buy them!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Will do. It had to be put down on the priority list right now. I'm putting a roof on my place and have been building trusses all day yesterday, only to get about 1/4 of them done. I'm committed since I've torn the old off. Ah, well, I took Mon. and Tues. off and have two guys helping me soooooo I think I'll win. Haven't done construction in a while. I woke up hurtin.

·
Registered
163 Posts
How many are too many?

1 more than what I have, but that number is always based on 1 more than what I have.

So if I have 1, 2 is too many. When I have 2, 3 is too many. When I have 47, 48 will be too many.

It's based on the George Carlin theory that everyone who drives slower than you is an idiot and everyone who drives faster than you is a maniac.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts