How many parts does a C9 have?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Detectorist, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Detectorist

Detectorist Member

Ahh... got it. The parts list says 36.

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Aaaaah, looks like our work is done here ;)

3. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

Almost identical to the 35 parts on a Glock. I believe the 1911 has 82 parts. Simple is better.

4. jcwit

jcwit Member

Sorry, I'll take issue with that. I do like my Hi Point, however my custom Kimber Match is much better, even tho it cost many times more. As are both of my Browning HP's.

For the money the Hi Point is an outstanding value, but just the fact it has fewer parts does not make it a better firearm.

I help with the regional Bulls Eye matches held just before the National Matches at Camp Perry, I seriously doubt the Hi Point could compete even if it qualified as a Bulls Eye arm.

A few weeks ago I drove a Tesla, it was much better than my wifes KIA RIO, but again cost many times more and was much more complicated, but it was better.:D

Blanket statements seldom hold much water.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  5. Detectorist

Detectorist Member

I agree that the fewer parts, the better.

6. cc-hangfire

cc-hangfire Member

"Better for what?" might be a question to ask.
    To function without malfunction?
    For those maintaining the pistol?
    For the best trigger possible?
    For accuracy?

I like my C-9, but I like my Beretta 96 (almost 70 parts, I think) too. Different tools, different strengths and weaknesses.

7. jcwit

jcwit Member

So you would rather drive a 3 cylinder Chevy Metro than whatever it is that you do drive?

How bout shooting cap lock pistol with 20 or fewer parts?

I removed my magazine lockout, so my Hi Point is now better than yours?

8. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Yes..... Magazine lockout sucks.

9. jcwit

jcwit Member

Be mindful also that the grip screws (2) are only counted as one, the grips are also only countained as one,and the trigger assy contains 4 pieces.

So the actual count becomes 41 pieces.

10. Bull

I believe the point that you're missing is that generally speaking, less parts equates to less parts to break, wear, and or malfunction...... Pretty commonly used engineering concept.... Really has nothing to do with "better" because it has fewer parts. More like simpler to diagnose and repair in the event of problems.

11. JH45

JH45 Member

My JH has 39 individual parts

12. jcwit

jcwit Member

No I'm not missing that concept at all, but I am taking post #4 at its literal meaning.

Applying the concept of less parts, consider this. The 1911 has stood the test of time for now over a century, a 100 years and is still used in battle and preferred by many combat troops. However it does have a few more parts, but is extremely reliable and accurate as well.

Again, I like my Hi Point and consider it a remarkable value for dollars spent, but that is for what it is.

13. jcwit

jcwit Member

One thing should be realized, take what is printed for what it says, not twisting it around into another concept. If in fact that is what was trying to be pointed out, why was it not printed and said so.

Do not try to read meanings into others statements, that includes mine as well.

14. Bull

Hmm..... You overanalyze post number four..... And you're telling me not to read into anyone else's posts.... Ok..... I guess since you oversee Bulls eye matches, you've got special insight us common shooter folk don't.
    P.S. The tesla ms is listed with only 24 moving parts... According to a tesla rep.....

15. jcwit

jcwit Member

I took post #4for exactly what it said, here is the quote from post #4, no overanalyzeing whatsoever
    The Tesla has more moving parts than that in the suspension & steering system alone.

Your Rep is blowing smoke, heck it has more parts than that in the seat I sat in.

Guessing?????? That you are. I never even implied that.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  16. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Oh hail a random deity.........

[​IMG]

Can we stop this nonsense now?
    My head is about to explode...!!!

17. jcwit

jcwit Member

:)Well we wouldn't want that now would we?:)

18. Bull

Ohh..... I'm sorry, you're a helper, not an overseer...

19. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Darn Skippy!!! :D

ELECTRIC > gas

TESLA > Edison

LESS > more (moving parts, in general)
    But I am in the market for a 1911 :D