How much do you get for scrap brass?

Discussion in 'Reloading Room' started by Jarhead1775, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Jarhead1775

Jarhead1775 Guest

What are the recyclers paying these days for a pound of scrap brass? Anyone know.

2. screwylewie

screwylewie Guest

I got $2.73 a pound a little over a week ago

3. Jarhead1775

Jarhead1775 Guest

Are you for real? I know copper by me is only .95 cents/lb and aluminum is .35 cents/lb. I never recycled brass or paid attention to it.

4. screwylewie

screwylewie Guest

Jarhead, shop around. .95 for copper??? wow. here it is @3.50 clean and @3 dirty (solder on joints, corosion inside pipes,ect.)

5. Jokey

Jokey Guest

I buy brass to reload with

for .50-1.00 a pound.

6. screwylewie

screwylewie Guest

it's pretty rural up here,so the cell coverage is spotty. The cell companies are building towers all over to correct this. About 2 years ago a rash of copper was being stolen from the building sites at night, now the companies have security on the sites during construction. We have amish in the area, empty/unoccupied houses have been being gutted for the copper. Either we are being paid way too much for copper or other places are ripping people off.

7. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

they're ripping people off. The higer price is actually low by market value. Yellow brass around me is 5-6 per pound if its clean and 2-3.50 if its not.

SW

8. screwylewie

screwylewie Guest

exactly. The $2.73 a pound I got a week ago was the dirty price. I am not sure what they are paying here for the clean brass, as I never have any of that.