Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you for real? I know copper by me is only .95 cents/lb and aluminum is .35 cents/lb. I never recycled brass or paid attention to it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jarhead, shop around. .95 for copper??? wow. here it is @3.50 clean and @3 dirty (solder on joints, corosion inside pipes,ect.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's pretty rural up here,so the cell coverage is spotty. The cell companies are building towers all over to correct this. About 2 years ago a rash of copper was being stolen from the building sites at night, now the companies have security on the sites during construction. We have amish in the area, empty/unoccupied houses have been being gutted for the copper. Either we are being paid way too much for copper or other places are ripping people off.

·
Banned
19,446 Posts
they're ripping people off. The higer price is actually low by market value. Yellow brass around me is 5-6 per pound if its clean and 2-3.50 if its not.

SW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
exactly. The $2.73 a pound I got a week ago was the dirty price. I am not sure what they are paying here for the clean brass, as I never have any of that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts