How much torture should she take?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by 4095fanatic, Feb 21, 2008.

How much .22LR should go downrange

This poll will close on Feb 7, 2106 at 1:28 AM.
  1. 250 rounds

100.0%
  2. 500 rounds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 1000 rounds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 2000 rounds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5000 rounds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ordered a S&W 5603TSW... Dealer had a Ruger 22/45 available for a good price, so to to save the ammo budget I got it :). Figured the ammo savings will pay for the cost of the pistol. I'm thinking now of a 2,000 round break it... Feel free to chime in!

Ps there might be a one hour limit on the range due to the weekends being busy, but for now I'm hoping I can take my time.

2. freedom

freedom Member

Most guns only require a 500 round break in. The remaining 1500 rounds is just pure fun.

3. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

I don't think I'd put 2000 rounds through it in under an hour...

4. I think the 250 rounds is the best answer.

Shoot it with several types of ammo, clean it, see what that particular gun likes to shoot best then take it out for a 500 rounder.
    Get extra mags or a sore thumb is on the agenda.

5. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

Ive put 2500 rounds through my walther P22 in one sitting with no problems. Go for the gold and burn 5K

SW

6. I voted for 5000. While it might not take that many to break it in if the Wifey gives you any trouble about going shooting you can always say you still have to get it broke in lol :mrgreen:

7. urotu

urotu Member

+1

The more the merrier!

8. Kyu

Kyu Senior Member Member

Head to wally world, clean 'em outta the Federal bulk packs and have at 'er! I warn you, this may require a cooler of pop, chips, pork rinds, and possibly even a grill! However, with the pop cans you can refresh targets as often as you need and, at the same time, keep your strength up for the grueling hours of fun to follow!!!

9. I voted for 5000, as the more rounds you shoot the more fun you have.

10. SteveD

SteveD Member

is this for a one day blast?

11. 2000 BREAK IN! WHEW! 500 will do it.

12. Ok... she only "needs" 500 rounds (thats all my weapons in everything else get), but I figure 22 LR is cheap enough I can splurge a bit.

13. urotu

urotu Member

I assume we all know it only needs about 500 for break in, even though many here reminded us, hehehe...

I just think the next 4500 will make sure it's broken in nice and good.

14. My first rifle (Mossberg Plinkster) got 340-ish rounds down it in about 40 minutes the first time I got to shoot it.

I only stopped because a) I had to rush to catch my ride home and b) the smoke from all that cheap ammo was making my eyes water so hard I couldn't see the sights (indoor range).

I say at least 500!

15. I would have suggested 10,000 but I wasn't given that choice.

.22 LR caliber anything is hard to wear out.

wizard93

16. Picked up 5500 rounds today, but I think ill try and hold myself to 1000... Want to make the ammo last this time, not burn through all of it in one trip lol