Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new job, so I know for sure I'm going to get a decent carry pistol. My eyes were first set on a Px4 storm, until I found out I can't carry on this job, but I'm going to anyway, I just got to conceal it. So I'm now planning on a Sig P239 and a Crossbreed Supertuck with the Combat Cut. My question is this. Is a gun belt necessary? And is crossbreeds belt with the velcro to hide the clips a good choice and value?

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not tough, I know I'm going to carry, I'm just going to carry concealed.

If it ever comes to the point where I have to use it, I'm fine losing my job over potentially saving mine or someone elses life.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In Indiana you can get a permit at age 18, you just have to be given the handgun, you can't purchase it or ammo by yourself. SW explained it in another thread I made, over the PX4 Storm.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
You need a stiff belt, don't know about crossbreed belts, but a thin flimsy belt will but alot of weight on the pants and pull them down. With a stiff belt the weight is on the belt which puts the weight around your waist.
What's a good inexpensive belt for carrying? I dont feel like spending alot of $$$ on a belt.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Unfortunately a good belt of any kind costs $$$ these days. An actual 30-50" single piece of leather isn't cheap.

the 5.11 line has a good rep and is fairly inexpensive:

http://www.shopholsters.com/511-tactical-175-plain-leather-belt.html

http://www.shopholsters.com/511-tactical-leather-casual-belt-detail-stitch.html

Desantis makes a decent one too:

http://www.shopholsters.com/desantis-112plain-lined-belt.html

If you want to get into horsehide or one of the exotic leathers expect to pay more $$$.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
if you order some 5.11 pants from LApolicesupply.com they will send you a decent belt free. it is quite sturdy and will hold a gun up until it is so broke in it sags, but that would take a long time. i use my 4 that i got free for when i hunt and am not carrying a handgun, they do work well. spend $19.99 on a pair of 5.11 originals there and have at it.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
if you order some 5.11 pants from LApolicesupply.com they will send you a decent belt free. it is quite sturdy and will hold a gun up until it is so broke in it sags, but that would take a long time. i use my 4 that i got free for when i hunt and am not carrying a handgun, they do work well. spend $19.99 on a pair of 5.11 originals there and have at it.
Another good idea. I remembered I have a really stiff belt that I dont wear because it's so stiff. I just hope I didn't throw it out!

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
Any military belt works well IMO, I have a blue BDU belt for a halloween costume and I tried it for carrying and works great.

I'm sure my belt for my ACU's would work fine as well for carrying, very stiff.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I went to LA Police Gear to buy a couple pairs.. the closeout's over so i got a couple of pairs of their operator pants.. great price but no belt... and I can use a new belt

·
Registered
708 Posts
I don't think carrying at your job is a wise move. If you aren't supposed to, then you aren't supposed to. Not only can you get fired, but theres other legal repercussions that can follow.
like getting your gun taken away. Not cool.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
The single most important piece of equipment for someone that is going to use for concealed carry is your belt. I found this out the hard way when I tore through about 3 belts in as many weeks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.