How old is it?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by inglwud59, Jul 1, 2014.

1. inglwud59

inglwud59 Member

Saw a hi point 45 at a pawn shop today it has a mag release on the bottom of the grip no rail under the slide in front of the trigger and is in great shape. I couldn't handle it the guy was busy but what caught my eye was the price......160 bucks! Even I know that is a great deal. Thinking about going back-

2. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

A Stallard or Haskel. I forget which. Frame wasn't poly, was it?

There was a thread 'round here discussing the history & timeline of the updates to HP handguns. I'll see if I can find it again.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

3. If it was a 45 im thinking a haskel Js45. I havent seen any hi-point branded with the bottom mag realease. Also like Kirk said if it is a Js45 from haskel, its not a poly frame. I would offer $125-150 OTD. but some here value them higher than a NIB hipoint 45

4. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

Looked kinda like this one?

Attached Files:

5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    If it says Hi-Point on the roll stamp it's a "JH". Started making them in 1994 and ended when they switched to the polymer frame (JHP).

[​IMG]

6. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I started with my 1st HP a 995TS in February 2013. Soon after I picked up a C9 to go along with it. Then about August or September, after watching Cicpup , Ajole, Dewiejr and a few others finding the older ones, I thought" Mel, you could build a HP collection too." So I was hooked, I have traps set all over the internet. I get up very early & check my traps. I troll about 8-9 different web sites 3-4 times a day looking for HP's. I have 4-5 LGS that will call me when they get one in to see if it is the one I need. I can buy the newer ones anytime. It's the THRILL of the chase?
    It is a sickness!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Holy cow. You got it bad, brother.:(

8. Not2ManyGuns

Not2ManyGuns Member

You must be retired to have so much time on your hands.:cool:

9. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1404258578.155419.jpg buy it! You'll love it! Payed $100 for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

10. MachoMelvin

My BOSS calls me part-time?

11. inglwud59

inglwud59 Member

That definitely looks like the one it was lying pointing right and had a straight grip so I did not see the right side and I couldn't see any marking on the slide. It had a metal frame and some kind of red dot clamped to the trigger guard. I'm going back to there tomorrow and get a better look.

12. MachoMelvin

Don't forget to take your PURSE!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC-2CDhquDs[/ame]

13. cicpup

Vermont
    Well it can only be one of two handguns.

Haskell JS-45. Manufactured from 1987 to 1994.

[​IMG]

Or the Hi-Point JH-45 made from 1994 to ?. (If anybody knows what year they switched to the JHP please pipe up)

[​IMG]

14. inglwud59

inglwud59 Member

Its the bottom one the slide looks like the newer version

15. inglwud59

inglwud59 Member

The trigger looks like aluminum and has three holes in it. Its really buggin me now got to hold it!

16. cicpup

Vermont
    OK. It's very durable, reliable and quite accurate. A bit heavier than the JHP. 100% warrantied so don't sweat condition. Hi-Point will restore it to near new condition if needed. The asking price is fair as long as other fees don't add up too much. Definitely haggle. You'll be happy with it IMO. Good luck.

17. cicpup

Vermont
    Look closely at my avatar. That's known as a Joey Keychain. Custom piece made by a fellow member here with a near $25 value. Bonus!

18. that sounds like an old forum member use to be an owner.

Joey might know where it came from, not that anyone would ever record who owns or does not own firearms. :p

19. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Did u go look at it?