Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

How pleased are you with your' HP?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a recent HP Owner wanting to know how everyone really feels about your firearm. Please Be 100% honest. I think that I would vote "It's okay."

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Guess I'm not sure the point here. I voted "like it a lot".

It's not the BEST OUT THERE. Or is it? If your criteria is "pretty", some would argue against the HP. If your criteria is reliability for the cost? How about warranty? Ease of carry? Holster availability?

I like my HP's a whole lot. I don't carry one cause I choose to carry a different gun and am able to. I shoot it quite a bit and love shooting it though. It's in my home-defense system. I trust it with my life if I need it. If mine were less reliable, I might have voted differently.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I like it a lot. I've had 1600 rounds through it, and the only time it gave me any problems was when it was 3 degrees on an outdoor range. It had a few FTFeed instances then.

Honestly I can't say if it is the "best" out there or not, because I've never really owned anything else, so I don't have much to compare it too. I can say it's the best I've ever owned, but that probably isn't saying a whole lot. I just like it a lot.

all

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
I own the 4095. I couldn't ask for more in a carbine for that price. it has functioned so well that most people at the range just stare for minute, then ask "what IS that"

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
hmmmm
acuurate check
Cheap check
eats any ammo check
reliable check.

yeah I like it alot. It does everything it was designed to do. nothing more or less.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
They are definitely not a status gun, but very reliable, durable and dependable.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I like it alot. Can't honestly say there is none better because I haven't handled everything out there. Guess the best endorsement is I'd buy another in a heartbeat. Got the 45JHP and C9 and when the 45 carbine comes out I'll get one of those also.

Price, warranty, reliability can't be beat.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I like it alot. Its affordable, its fun to shoot, a well rounded gun.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like it alot! Took it to the range today for the first time and fed it 200 rounds of cheap Walmart ammo. Not a single FTF or FTE. Went BANG perfectly every time.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
They're the VW Beetle (The air cooled one, not the new glorified golf) of the arms industry: Durable, accurate, simple, and the looks only an enthusiast can love with a design that you just CAN'T KILL!

Can you tell I'm a fan :D

·
Registered
315 Posts
I own three HiPoints and like them very much especially the 995 Carbine. The .45ACP I do not use much at all only because of its bulkyness (for me anyway). I'll take it out back with the Others when I need to blast some ammo through her, that's about it though. The C9 I like very much too. I have carried Openly with this one once and awhile (probably Open Carry one time but mostly Open in My yard, lol) but it is not My everyday gun. Keep them cleaned and there should be no problems.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well, I like my 995 enough that I'm thinking about buying a spare or two as loaners for my non gun owning family members to use for plinking purposes.
I fully intend to buy a 45 caliber carbine when they become available, and I've given the 4095 serious consideration as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My old .45 shoots like a dream...the C9 is junk. One round trip to re-hab but it had a relapse and is now a closet queen. I wouldn't even try to sell it to some other unsuspecting slob. Might try a .40 or carbine???

·
Registered
21 Posts
I haven't had mine long enough to give it a full review. I put "its o.k." for now. I have had a hand full of fail to feeds. could be the feed ramp, could be the ammo, could be my grip. I'm not at all experienced in handguns so the later is my guess. let me run some more ammo through it and then I'll give you a better answer. I can't imagine anyone having a better warranty though.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I haven't had mine long enough to give it a full review. I put "its o.k." for now. I have had a hand full of fail to feeds. could be the feed ramp, could be the ammo, could be my grip. I'm not at all experienced in handguns so the later is my guess. let me run some more ammo through it and then I'll give you a better answer. I can't imagine anyone having a better warranty though.
Which HiPoint do You have? YES, it can be anyone of the above mentioned AND MORE! From what Others have said on here, you need to fire at least 500+ rounds through it (to break it in?). What kind of "fail" will determine if it's more a feed ramp issue; grip; etc. Do a search on here for "failures/fails" whatever and READ. This topic has been covered many times and You need to observe what the failure is. When the gun jams does the bullet seem to be facing upward in the chamber; not lining up in the chamber; do You slap the magazine before insertion; is the magazine full; is the bullet facing up in the magazine???? All these come to factor along with all Others when jams occur. As You said, you're not that experienced much with handguns. Don't rush on things, take your time and do searches/read and practice. In no time you won't have anymore "handfull" of jams. Read and Practice!!!! Oh, and put on your Things To Do List............look into taking a Gun Class/Course, it will help. Don't mean to be preaching to ya, I just like to help out........

·
Registered
663 Posts
I do like mine a lot. I don't get to shoot any of my guns as much as I would like.
But I like my HP and recommend them to any one looking for a low priced quality hand gun.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts